Crash (Felix)

(TW- Car Crash, Swearing, Fighting)

DISCLAIMER- the actions committed by the people in this story do not reflect them or their personality in real life. They are purely for the purpose of this story

Today is probably the most important day in my F1 career.

My boyfriend Felix is coming to watch me at the Japanese Grand Prix. And his members are coming with him.

Felix is part of the K-pop group Stray Kids. I've been dating him for around 2 years now, and they have been the best 2 years of my life. Felix is so sweet and understanding. Even with our conflicting schedules, we always find time to spend together. And the other boys are the best. They're like family to me. I always find time to attend their shows if I'm not racing.

Since I was racing in Japan this weekend, Felix and the boys had a free schedule, so they decided to come down to watch.

I've been fairly successful in my F1 career. I've been racing for the McLaren team since 2019. I met Felix 3 years after I started racing at the Japanese grand prix. He came to watch, and I caught his eye. He asked for my number, and the rest is history.

Qualifying was yesterday, and it wasn't the best for me. I got through to Q3 but only managed to make P7. My teammate Lando is starting in P3. I wasn't happy with where I was starting because I knew I could do better than this.

I was in my driver room with Felix and the boys chilling out before the start of the race. I had my headphones on as Super Bowl played. I had my head resting on Felix's shoulder as the boys sat either on the sofa or on the floor. I always listened to some of their music before a race. It got me in the right mindset.

When the song finished, I took my headphones off and tossed them to the side. "So how are you feeling then?" Chan asked. I looked at him."Alright. Just wished I was starting from a better position. Media is gonna be all over me later, " I replied as I ran my fingers through my hair."It's not your fault you're where you are, " Hyunjin replied."Yeah. You pushed as much as you could. That's all your team could ask for, " I.N added."Exactly. We're proud of you. No matter what happens, " Jisung smiled. I smiled at them all. "I'm so lucky to have you guys." I smiled as I gave Felix a hug as he ran his fingers through my hair.

About 10 mins later, Lando came by to get me for the race. He peeked his head in the room and smiled as he saw the 8 boys with me "Race time Y/L/N" he looked at me "On my way Norris" I smiled at my teammate. He gave me a thumbs up before walking out. "Time to get out there then," I sighed as I stood up, tying my hair back. Felix and the rest of the boys stood up with me as Felix wrapped his arms around me. "We'll be watching from the garage, alright?" Felix whispered as he secured his arms around my waist. I nodded as I hugged him back. Soon enough, all the other boys joined in. "I'll make you guys proud," I said as all 8 boys released from the hug. "You always do Y/N. You always do, " Seungmin replied. I grabbed my team cap and put it on before walking out of my driver room and towards the race track.

When I got down to the track, my race engineer was already by my side. "So I'm guessing Zak has already run you through the strategy?" she asked as I got my gear on."Yep. 2 pit-stop strategy, " I replied."Good. Remember, just do your best out there. That's all we can ask for. Don't worry about anyone else. Just focus on you and Lando. " She told me,"Got it, " I answered as I put my helmet on once I had everything else on. I climbed inside the car as my mechanics started making sure everything was ok.

Once they walked away, it was time for the formation lap. The only thing that was running through my mind was the boys. I had to make them proud. I always wanted to do well at a race, but having them here in person just made me that extra bit determined.