19.

"Leave her be, König." Ghost said, his voice low and cold as always.
      —————————————————
                   Simon 'Ghost' Riley

I knew König had taken her back to KorTac, which is a private military contractor.. But also an enemy team.

König taking Y/N does make me upset. I don't like the fact that he took her.

Why am I so protective over Y/N all of a sudden?

I thought to myself, and I didn't have an answer. I've met her like once, and she told me that 'she doesn't need a man to save her', but clearly..

She does.

Well, maybe not always, but now.. She needs a man who can save her, and that is me.

I saved her, I shot König's 'friends' to save her. I mean, I'm supposed to kill them anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

König took a step back and faced me, clearly angry. "You shot my men." He growled out.

"What are you gonna do about it, aye?" I asked with a scoff. He doesn't like my attitude at all, and it's visible.

"I might kill you since you killed them.." König told me as he pulled out a knife, but instead of walking towards me..

His gaze flickered towards Y/N, and he put the blade against her throat.

"Or maybe I should take this little princess' life instead.." He growled out, and I could see Y/N's fear in her eyes.

The blade was touching her throat, but not enough to cut her. I pretty much caused this by shooting down his team members, but he also caused himself some more trouble.

"How about we talk like real men, or do you wanna fight instead?" I ask, knowing that we would fight and not talk.

That's the whole point. It's time to fight. I said talk as a joke, I wouldn't talk to my enemy like that..

"Aw, why? So you can save your little princess?" König teased, and I felt my blood boil.

"She's not my princess. She's my teammate." With that, I shoot König's foot, which makes him drop the knife.

"Ah, you little fucker!" König yelped out in pain as I rush over to Y/N. The knots were tied tightly, so I picked up the knife König held before and cut the ropes open.

"Come on, hurry." I tell Y/N as I grab her hand, and then we run outside.

The helicopter was right outside to pick us up. As we hopped in, Y/N took a seat next to me.

"Y/N! I'm glad you're safe!" Soap said, his tone had a hint of excitement as he spoke. "Are you hurt?"

Y/N shook her head. "No, I'm not hurt." She assured Soap that she was fine, and I'm glad she was okay.

"It was König," I hissed as I spoke. "He held her hostage with his three teammates. The medium, short, and stubby guy."

Y/N sighed as she told us all something no one expected.

"König used to be my childhood best friend," She admitted. "He didn't get into Task Force 141, so he joined KorTac instead."

My eyes slightly widened as I looked down on her. "Really? That's why he hates you so much, all other than the fact that he's in the enemy team?" I ask, I was genuinely curious.

She nodded but also said something else. "I also left him to die by blood loss on the field, and he's mad about it." She frowned as she said that.

"He shouldn't be mad about it. He's in KorTac, and you're.. You know? His enemy." This time, it was Hassan who spoke.

The terrorist, Hassan.

I kick his foot. "Shut up, Hassan. You need to stay quiet unless you wanna tell us information about all the things you've done." I tell him with a cold and angry glare.

(Hey guys! I wanted to say that the chapters will be shorter than before, just so there's more chapters and easier to write! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and the next one will be out as soon as possible!

I also noticed that I write a lot differently than what I did in May, which is when I started this story. The fact that I have 35k+ reads/views is sick! Thank you all so much! I love you all so much.

- Author 💋)