32.

That is what everyone shouted, and I kissed Ghost just as the fireworks go off.

      —————————————————
                     Y/N

It's been a while, too much of a while. I hadn't gotten pregnant by Ghost, which was quite a surprise. It was either pure luck, or fertility problems.. Most likely pure luck, but still. It's quite a surprise I didn't get pregnant, but at the moment.. I wish I was.

Why?

Because Ghost is missing. Ghost is fucking missing! He's nowhere to be found, and it's been days, weeks, and even months since we shared that New Year's kiss, and I missed him dearly. What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't miss my boyfriend who had gone missing?

I'm worried sick about Ghost. I can barely sleep at night because of it all, what if he's hurt badly? Worse.. Dead?

The thought of Ghost being dead made my heart clench and ache. I just wish that we could find him without even trying, but no. Simon 'Ghost' Riley, my lover, my boy, my tough and cold military man was missing, and nobody knew where he was.

At the moment, I was on a mission to take out as many people in the enemy team as I possibly could, and I barged into a building and took out them all. It was a small one-story building with five enemies in them, and my mind was constantly spinning around Ghost.

What the fuck happened to him? I'm so confused. Is he really missing, or did he leave? I usually never give up when I'm determined to find someone or complete something, but I was losing hope about finding him.

All I wanted was to find my Ghost, my Simon.. My cold-hearted lover who cared deeply for me and loved me unconditionally and would do anything for me. The one who made my life better when I was slowly stooping low, but he brought me up and made me feel like I was on top of the fucking world.

Where is my lover? Where could he possibly be?

Now that I had my chance, I searched every room of the hideout I was in, and I saw something in the corner of my eyes-- a skull. I was about to cry of happiness, thinking I found him, but I turned around and immediately felt disappointment and sadness wash over me.

It was just a poster of a skull on the wall that I had mistaken Ghost's mask as. I wasn't  a very emotinal person, but this was taking a toll on my mental health so much, especially emotinally.

All I wanted was to hug him and hold Ghost so tight against my body. He could be anywhere in the world, or.. Not at all. He could be dead, his soul with me, or.. Maybe he was in space? What if he got sent up there?

No, I highly doubt he's in space.

Days pass, and everyone searched endlessly for Ghost, where the fuck is he?..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm back now, but updates will be very slow. I've been thinking how to continue this story, and I finally have ideas!

I also wanted to thank you all for 90k reads!! I'm so thankful for every single one of you guys, and I promise that I will try and update as much as I possibly can!

- Author 💋