31. (NEW YEAR SPECIAL!)

I loved how sleepy he was. It made me feel like he trusts me, which he does, I think.. And I, of course, hope so.
      —————————————————
                   Simon 'Ghost' Riley

"Should we just fall asleep?" Y/N asked softly, and she seemed exhausted as well. "We have a long day tomorrow.. I mean, it's new year tomorrow.." She said with a gentle smile.

I nodded and kissed her forehead. "Yeah, we should sleep, baby.."

With that, both Y/N and I laid down comfortably in each other's arms and fell asleep.

We both slept through the night peacefully, and I dreamt about the day that we were going to have, and I knew she would wear something fancy, but she hasn't told me what she is going to wear.

In the morning, I woke her up gently. "Y/N, baby.. It's time to wake up.." I said softly and quietly to her, and she groaned softly.

"Noo.. It's so warm and nice under the covers.." She mumbled, and I chuckled softly.

I pulled her closer to my arms, and she groaned softly again. "We have to get up. We have a long day in front of us."

She then sat up, looking tired. "Alright.. Let me go get ready.."

      —————————————————
                                  Y/N

I get up and out of bed and head inside the bathroom. I was hiding my outfit from Ghost since I wanted it to be a surprise, and I wanted to see his raw reaction to it all.

In the bathroom, I started by doing my makeup. My eyeshadow was silver and glittery with a small, black eyeliner wing on each side.

I had my hair up in a high ponytail with my bangs down, and I had a pair of silver, glittery heels that covered my feet entirely, almost looking like boots, and the heel was thick.

I had a pair of skin-colored pantyhose on and a pair of shorts on top, and then I wore a tight-fitting silver dress that was glittery as well, and a pair of silver earrings that hung down my earlobe and sometimes caressed the side of my neck.

I was fancy, which I never was.

My outfit may be typical when it comes to a New Year's Eve party, but I wore it anyway.

Ghost, on the other hand, wore a black suit and a white button-up shirt underneath, which was also typical but not for Ghost.

Once I came out of the bathroom, he gasped loudly.

"Baby.. You look amazing!" He said, his eyes glittering at the sight of me.

Ghost had already changed into his suit, and he, of course, wore the mask I made him for Christmas.

"You too, Simon." I told him softly while smiling brightly at him, and then I leaned up to kiss the cheek on his mask.

It took me hours to get ready, and it was already 4 pm.

Ghost and I talked for a bit, and then we headed out to the cafeteria where everything would take place.

"Wooow," I said, my eyes glistening. "They really decorated it here." I say as I turn to Ghost with a bright smile, just like before.

"Yeah, that's true." He said while nodding, clearly surprised by how pretty they have made it.

We ate dinner and everything in between, and then we talked and hung out, and all of the time, Price kept glancing over at me.

I'm not gonna let that disgusting grandpa ruin my night, and I know that Ghost wouldn't let that happen either.

We ate dessert, and once the time came, we all got a glass of champagne, and we stood outside to watch fireworks.

Then, someone started to count..

10.

9.

8.

Oh my gosh, we are so close to another year..

7.

6.

5.

I remove Ghost's mask enough to kiss him.

4.

3.

2.

Okay.. Let's do this.

1.

0.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

That is what everyone shouted, and I kissed Ghost just as the fireworks go off.

________________________________
Quick A/N!!!

Please read this one.

I know that this chapter is short, and I know it isn't really exciting, but I couldn't do more. I literally finished this chapter about 15 minutes before it's officially new year because when I'm writing this chapter, the time was at 23:45 (11.45pm) and I felt stressed out.

I hope you all have a good new year, and I'm so surprised that I have over 60k reads, I'm so thankful for every single one of you guys.

Please take care of yourselves, and don't let anyone ruin your new year! 🥳🎉🥂

- Author 💋