XII

i was shook awake by lin. i groan and throw the pillow over my face. i felt myself falling back to sleep until lin removed the pillow and all i saw was the light shining through the window. "do you want to come to work with me or stay here?" she asked. "itll be like old times you just wont work for me. you can still help too" lin said. i groan and sit up to see lin already in her gear. "i mean, i dont see why not?" i question. "good, get ready and meet me in the kitchen" she said and walked out the room. i even have my police armor anymore. now that i think of it, i shouldve brought it. i picked up my uniform i have to wear for kuvira and put it on. i brushed out my hair with fingers and put it up in a messy bun. i opened the bedroom door and walked to the kitchen.

"want some coffee?" lin asked. "no, i dont drink coffee anymore" i say leaning against the wall. "you have changed" she says. i scoff, "like how?" "you dont drink coffee anymore" "thats one thing. i was expecting you to name more than one" i said crossing my arms. she shook her head and poured herself some coffee.

after she finished sipping on her coffee we left to go to the city and walked around. we ran into asami and mako. asami never failed to look pretty. not hot, but pretty.

"oh wow, i havent seen you in a long time" mako said giving me a hug. "you too" i say hugging him back. i know i dont really like mako, but we haven't seen each other in three years. "hows life working for kuvira?" he asked. i sighed. kuvira. kuvira. kuvira. everytime someone sees me, they ask me that. it gets on my nerves, a lot. i love kuvira to death but everyone has to ask the question like that. they cant ask, "hey, hows life in zaofu?" "hows your job?" or "whats is your job like?" but no. they have to ask it like that. "its fine. its easy for me" i say. "oh really? that must be nice." "what do you do?" i asked looking st his hair and his outfit. "i work for prince whatever his name is" he said pointing. "prince wu? you work for him?" i say chuckling. "your life must be, and no offense, but it must be terrible." i say. "tell me about it" mako said now crossing his arms. "anyway, were gonna go talk to tenzin" lin said. i waved bye and walked away with lin.

we walked up to tenzin and the president, who were talking. "zuri, i havent seen you in a while" tenzin said. offering a hug. i took the offer and hugged him. we pulled away after second and i see lin smiling. i look at her and raise my eyebrows. she shook her head and a teenage looking kid shoved me and stood were i was standing. "you little-" i say trying to take a step forward but lin stopped me. "sorry didnt mean to shove you" he said. i frowned and sighed. "just let it go zuri" lin said not looking at me. jeez, now i know how mako feels about this kid. hes a rich ass kid if hes being called prince.

"anyway, after your coronation the united forces we'll escort you to ba sing se." tenzin said. lin crossed her and looked unphased. "right, about that" the rich kid said. "are we all positive that the earth kingdom is safe enough for me to return? i dont have to remind everyone what happened to my great aunt three years ago." wu said then simulated choking. i sighed and leaned my back with my hands over my face. "may she rest in peace" he said folding his hands. "prince wu, i assure you kuvira has the earth kingdom pretty much stabilized at this point." the president said. "define 'pretty much'" wu says giving the president a look. "well, the roving bandits have mostly been dispersed." i say. "mostly?" "dont worry kid, the chances of you being assassinated are almost zero" lin said. "almost?" he said sweating. i chuckle at his nervousness. "wait" he said realizing something. "do you work kuvira?" he asked. i sighed and frown, once again. "you know what, can you all please keep kuviras name out of your mouth?" i say with a bitchy tone. "not trying to be an asshole, but keep her name out yalls mouth" i said. "zuri are you okay?" the president asked. "im fine. im just- really stressed" "why?" tenzin asked. "dont worry about it." i say trying not to sound like a total dick to them. "give me a moment" i say walking away and sitting on the steps.