XVI

this chapter is a flashback btw

i sat at the kitchen table on the high chairs, drinking my cup of coffee. i listened to the radio to see if anything major was happening. so far nothing has happened.

i heard keys and the door knob jiggle. i turned the radio off and sat here waiting for lin to walk in the room. the door opened and it closed. i stood up since i didnt see lin.

"lin-" i round the corner and lin was leaning against the wall, holding her stomach. "are you okay?" i ask. "im fine" she said. lin began to cough and slid down the wall. "yeah, your not okay" i say bending down. "cmon, lets get you upstairs" i said, helping her off the floor and to her room.

"can you stand?" i ask. she shook her head and sat on the bed. "well, you need a shower. you got dirt on your face" "then ill wash my face" she said. "no, lin, you need a shower" i try convincing her. she shook her head and tried to bend her armor off.

"okay.. whats actually wrong with you? you cant stand, cant bend, what else is there?" i cross my arms. she shrugged and lied back.

"nope" i say helping her up. "ill help you shower, youll feel better. trust me" i say. she sighed and nodded. "wait" she said holding her hands in front of me. "you? help me shower? i dont-" "i wont look. ill help you with your hair, face, and shoulders. the rest is up to you. if anything, ill heal you the best i can." i said. she agreed to my words and stood up. i took her armor off, leaving her in a tank top and sweats.

"get in the shower, yell for me when your in there" i say. she walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

i sat on the bed, waiting for her to call my name.

"zuri!" she yelled. i sigh and stood up, walking into the bathroom. the steam filled the room quickly. i opened the sliding door and grabbed the shampoo. "step back a bit" i say and she stepped back. i put some shampoo on my hand and rubbed them for a second. i washed lins hair and she leaned into my hands.

"feel nice?" i chuckle. she hummed and chuckled too. i scrubbed behind her ears and massaged her head for a moment. i rinsed her hair, getting the soap out. i grab the conditioner and put a little bit on my hands. i put some on the end of her hair.

i grab the soap next and rub the soap into her shoulders. i felt her body loosen up and i smiled. i washed the soap off my hands and rinsed the conditioner out of her hair. "rinse your body and the rest is up to you" i say walking to the bathroom door.

"wait" lin said. i turn around and cross my arms. "can you wash the rest of my body?" she asked. "are you comfortable with me doing that? i dont want to make you uncomfortable" i say. "its fine. my arms hurt and i dont want to move them" she said. "i guess so" i say.

i dont mind helping lin, but the last things i want to do was make her uncomfortable.

i walk back over to the shower and wash the rest of her body.

couple mins later

i turn off the shower and hand her a towel. she took the towel and wrapped it around her body. i kiss her scared cheek and she smiled.

i walk out the bathroom, walk down the steps and walk into the kitchen. i grab a bowl and fill it up with warm water.

i brought the bowl back upstairs and set it on the table.

-

lin walked out the bathroom, fully standing up. "feel any better at all?" i ask. she shrugged and walked to her closet.

"can i borrow some of your clothes? i dont want to wear a tank top and sweats. "yeah" i say getting up and grabbing some of my clothes. i gave her one of my tshirts and my shorts. "its better if you sleep in loose clothes. it helps you sleep" i said handing her the shorts. she turned around and changed her clothes.

"lie down, im gonna heal you the best i can" i say. she nods and lies down.

i bend the water out of the bowl and put it over her stomach. lin winced but i kept going. "tell me where it hurts" "the left side of my abdomen" she said. i hum and move the water to where she said. she sighed in relief.

"does it hurt anywhere else? i need to know" i say. she nodded head and i asked where. "where? your arms?" i ask. she nodded again and i bend the water now to her arms. she tensed up her arms and i pulled the water away. "dont tensen up, you need to relax" i say. she sighed and relaxed. i finish doing what i can. "there, thats all i can do" i bend the water back into the bowl.

"sit up" i say. she obeys my order and sits criss cross. i sat behind her, also sitting criss cross. i wrap my arms around her stomach and put my chin in her shoulder. i kissed her neck and began to massage her shoulders, loosening the knots. she melted into my touch and leaned back a little.

"im so glad youre helping me" she said. i move my hands to the back of her neck and massaged there. she dropped her head down, giving me more room. lin leaned fully back, laying against my body. "do you want to go to bed?" i ask. she nods and hums. she sat up and i scooted over to my side of the bed. i turned the lamp off and covered both of us up with the blanket.

i pull lin closer to me and she buried her face into my chest. i played with her hair since it helps her fall asleep faster. i heard little snores and she was asleep. i kissed her forehead and lied there holding her.

thanks for 500 reads!