XX

i stood in front of the stove making lin and i breakfast. i was making pancakes and eggs because lin said it's her favorite breakfast. im not much of a cooker, but ill still cook.

i've been thinking about getting asking Lin to marry me. i never even asked her to be my girlfriend, but it already seems like were dating. all i know is she loves me and i love her. thats all that matters.

i felt arms wrap around me and a head on my shoulder. "what're you making?" Lin asked. "pancake and eggs" i say. "smells great" she says and leaned on the counter beside me, watching me cook.

the phone rang and lin walked over to it, answering it.

"hello?" she says. "yeah, hold on a second. zuri its for you" lin said. i sigh and walk over to the phone, taking it out of lins hands.

"what?" i ask waiting for the other voice on the line to speak.

"hey zuri" jai said happily.

"im kinda, busy, what do you need" i lean against the wall and watch as lin took over breakfast.

"im having a wedding and i want you there" he says. i groan and close my eyes. "what day?"  "tomorrow" my brother said.

"you waited until the day before to tell me? bad timing" i said. "yeah yeah shut up. and, your little girlfriend can come too" "she's not- I'll ask her." "cool, see you tomorrow then" he said. "whatever" i hang up the phone and walk over to lin. 

"everything is done" she says. i hum and grab plates out of the cabinet.

"what was the call about?" lin asked. "oh, my brother is getting married and he wants me to go to his wedding." "you gonna go?" "i dont know" i shrug giving lin a plate with food on it. "and get this, he asked me if you want to go too" i say chuckling.

"so, you do talk about me" lin smirks.

"um.. yea." i say sitting down next to her. lin chuckled and took a bite of her pancakes.

"if you want me to go, i'll go." she says. "you dont have too of you dont want to." i said. she didnt say anything back, she just kept eating.

"sorry this shit is so good" lin says smiling. "im glad you like it" i smile and kiss her cheek.

"im gonna take a shower" i say getting up and stretching. the older woman nods and finishes her food.

i walked into our shared room and got some clean clothes.

-

once i was done showering, i put my undergarments and my robe on then walked out to the living room. i saw lin peacefully sleeping on the couch. i smiled and walked over to her.

i moved her hand and sat down next to her. her hand ended up moving to my thigh and ger head on my shoulder.

"so you are awake?" i ask. she just hummed in response. "im just tired" she says. "you can go lay down you know" "i gotta work soon" "right, forgot. wait, you got work at 10am? dont you usually clock in at 4 or 5?" i ask.

"it's my day off, and yours too, but i still need to go to work." lin said taking her head off my shoulder.

"weve been a lot of days off recently" i say standing up. "yeah, i know. you can stay home, but im going to work." she said also standing up. i groan and look at her.

"do you worm tomorrow?" i ask. she nods and crosses her arms. "hm. do you want to go to my brothers wedding with me?" "i dont see why not" she says. "how bout you take tomorrow off instead of today. ill even go to work so i have tomorrow off too" i suggest. "that does make sense. well, get ready were going to work" she said and walked away to our shared room. i sigh and follow her.

-

i sat in my office and filled out paper work, something i do best.

there was a knock at the door and i told whoever it is to come in. korra walked in and closed the door behind her.

"hey commander" she says sitting in the chair in front of my desk. "you're here.. why?" i ask. what reason is there for korra to be in my office right now?

"dont know, chief told me to come bug you since shes busy at the moment" she says rolling her eyes. "and she doesnt think I'm busy?" i perk my eyebrow up. she shrugged and looked around my office since shes never really been in here, just seen it.

"actually, im glad you're here. i need some advice." i say. "what can i help you with?" she asks. i sigh and lean back in my seat.

"so-" i was cut off by lin walking in my office.

"you got five minutes to talk to me, korra." chief said. korra nodded and stood up and walked out with the chief.

guess i'll have to talk to korea a different time. or asami. i feel like asami would know more than korra anyways. i looked at the time and stood up.

i walked out my office, but lin stopped me from walking any further.

"where are you going?" she asked.

"grabbing something to eat and probably coffee. you want anything?" i ask. "a coffee is fine" she says. i nod and walk away and out the doors.

i grabbed my keys out of my pocket and got into my car.

was i going to get something to eat? no. do i still gotta grab Lin coffee? yes.

-

i walked into a jewelry shop and was imm greet by a worker.

"hello miss, i mean- commander, what can i help find anything in specific?" he stutters. i chuckle and smile.

"yes, actually. im looking for an engagement ring" i say. "oh, whos the lucky person?" "now thats a secret" i say. he nods and leads me to the selection on engagement rings.

"it starts from $200 to $3,000 and beyond." he says pointing left to right. i nod and walk up to the glass.

i saw an emerald, silver, and black ring. it was pretty. the way the emerald shined and sparkled in the sun and the light. it was perfect. it matches Lin perfectly. i looked at the price and chuckled.

"james, i like this one" i say. he nodded and walked over to me.

"they sure are beautiful if you chose this one." he says. "oh, they are" i say. "is this one you're buying?" i nod. "alright, meet me up at the front" he says and walks behind the counter to get the rings.

james walked up to the counter i stood and i paid for the ring.

he gave me the ring and a box.

"i hope everything goes as planned ma'am" he says smiling. i nodded and smiled back.

i walked out the shop and got in my car. i smiled again.

"now to get coffee for the chief" i sigh.

-

i walk in the chiefs office and sit in the chair in front of her desk.

"i got your coffee the way you like it" i say. "thank you" Lin said.

"i wanna take you out next tuesday." i say.

"to where?" she asked. "you'll see" i smirk.

"your not gonna murder me right?"

"i could, but i wont" i chuckle, making Lin chuckle too.

"anyway, i should get back to work" i say and stand up.

i lean over the desk and pecked Lin's lips.

i walked out her office and back into mine.

sorry if theres any spelling errors, i didnt bother to re-read my writing.