XXI

today was my brothers wedding and im actually excited. Mia wanted me as a bridesmaid but i said no since i didn't really want to stand up there.

i get introduce Lin to my brother, which she doesnt really seem excited about. my brother on the other hand, he's shitting his pants he so excited.

"how do i look?" Lin asked appearing behind me in the mirror. i turn around to see her in a suit, similar to what i was wearing. her suit was sage green with black pants and black heels.

"you look.. hot" i said. "i'm in the same thing as you but in a different color" "you look better in it than anyone could" i say reassuring her. she just looks at me.

i scan her face and she looked upset.

"whats wrong Lin?" i ask putting my arms around her.

"i dont know i just.. i dont know if i should go to the wedding" she says. i perk my eyebrow up and cross my arms. "my brother said you're welcome to come" i say. she sighs.

"look, if you don't want to go, you don't have too. I'm not gonna make you do something you don't wont to" "I'll go, i don't know if your brother and his wife will like me" lin says. i chuckle and rub my eyes. "they're going to love you, trust me. you're my brother's hero" "hero?" she questioned.

"it's a long story. anyway, we should get going" i say and walked out the room. i grabbed Lin's coat since it was snowing and freezing outside.

getting married in the winter seems like fun. i mean, you could just go outside and start having a snowball fight at the most random time. yeah it would be cold, but it would also be worth it.

"ready to go?" Lin asked putting her jacket on. i nod and i put mine on as well. we both walked out to the car and got in, then left to wherever this place was at. i think its sort of in the mountains?

-

i was wrong, its not in the mountains. it's closer to the mountains but on the ground. and this place was pretty. and expensive considering its a huge building. it looks like it was built not to long ago either.

"this is.. nice" Lin says. "yeah, my brother likes to have everything perfect and nice or whatever he said" i say rolling my eyes.

"we should get inside, it's freezing" i say dragging Lin inside.

when we walked inside it was even more prettier than the outside. it's got a shit ton of doors, both left and right. in front of us there was a staircase that led down to the table and dance floors. and there was also a sign that said: do not enter until the wedding is over.

"ah, you must be Jai's sister considering you two look alike" a man said, assuming he's the butler. "yes, and my name is Zuri" i say nodding. the man nods and looks at the chief. he looked terrified but not too terrified.

"don't worry, she's off duty" i whispered. he chuckled and nodded.

"would you like to see your brother or Mia?" he asked. "yes, I'd like to see Mia." i say. "right this way" the butler says leading Lin and i to Mia's room.

i knock on the door and woman opens it.

"I'm here for Mia" i said. i watched Mia whip her head around once she heard my voice. the woman stepped out of the way and let the two of us in the room.

"Zuri!" Mia yelled and ran to me, trapping me in a hug. "it's so nice to see you again" i say hugging her back. "yeah, it's been a while" she let go. it's been about what.. 4 years since i saw Mia last.

"you must be Chief Beifong" Mia said offering to shake her hand. "yep" she said shaking Mia's hand.

"how do i look?" Mia asked, turning to me. "you look amazing" i say. "you should see the rings" she chuckles. "yeah, engagement and wedding rings are always the prettiest" i said.