XIX

i sat on the couch while lin was making tea. the radio was on, playing music. i picked up the newspaper that was on the table and read it. it read: kuvira, known as 'the great uniter', has finally been captured. old lover turned out to the be the current commander of republic city. its been a while since this has happened and theyre now just realizing this? god people are slow.

i sighed and set the newspaper down. lin walked in the living room with two cups of tea. one for her and one for me. she gave me my cup and set hers on the table. she reached her arm out and played with the dials on the radio to turn it up a little. the same song we danced to at the wedding was playing. she grabbed her tea and and sipped on it. i let the music flow through my ears to calm me down. lin sighed and sat next to me. i leaned my head back in tiredness. she set her cup down and rested her head on my shoulder.

i looked over at the clock to see what time it was.

"i gotta leave soon. my appointment is at 3" i say. "where are you going?" she asked not moving her head. "im getting a new tattoo" i said. "what kind of tattoo?" "a spine tattoo" i say sitting up. "can i come with?" lin asked standing up. "no, in gonna be there for at least 2 hours" i say and walked upstairs to our shared room, lin followed behind me. "what tattoo?" she asks. "a dragon." i say grabbing my jacket. i took my shirt off and put the jacket on.

i grabbed my motorcycle keys and threw them in my coat pocket. i walked over to lin and kissed her head. "ill be back later" i say. she walked to the door and i left.

-

"zuri! nice to see you!" marko said giving me a hug. "you too" i say wrapping my arms around him. he reminds me of the chef thats work for su. hes covered in tattoos. you can barely see his skin color except for his face. "also, since i missed your birthday, you get a free piercing if you want" marko said. "oh shit, really? awesome" i say smiling. "you ready for that tattoo youve been waiting to get for the past year now?" he asked. i nodded and we walked to a small room.

he held up two drawings for me to choose which one i wanted. i looked over them to see that theres a lot of details in both of them. i take the left drawing out of his hand debating if i want this one or not. its a fire breathing dragon and a water dragon. i gave him the one in my hands and he nodded. "this one for sure?" he asks. "yep, im sure" "alright. you know what to do" he said. i took my jacket off and hung it on the chair, along with my bra. i lied down on the foldable chair and let my arms rest at my side.

he wiping my back with numbing cream. and believe it or not, this shit was strong. i barely feel anything whenever i get a tattoo from marko. "breath in" he said. i took a deep breath in and let it out. i heard the buzzing sound of the tattoo gun and felt it bite my skin every second. i relaxed my body and let the numbing cream do its thing.

"did you decide if you want a piercing?" marko asked. "um" i say thinking. i would like a septum, belly button piercing, snake bites and an eyebrow piercing. "ill go with the snake bites" i say. "great choice" he said.

"so, i heard about you and kuvira" marko said chuckling. "yeah. it was fun while it lasted. i am going to see her after im done here." i said smiling. "oh really? you two going to get it on in the jail cell?" "no. not in a jail cell are you crazy?" i say chuckling. "hey, ive done it." marko said. marko is hella attractive. his eyes are bright blue, he has black and blue hair, that he had me dye, he has a tongue piercing, snake bites, and a septum. he wanted an eyebrow piercing but convinced himself that he didnt need one. he attracts every girl he looks at. including me. him and i.. have fucked. we were both 20. it was the same week he gave me my first tattoo. he straight up told me i was sexy.. and it went from there.

-

"alright, youre all done" marko said turning off the tattoo gun. i sighed in relief. "yeah, 2 hours later" i say sitting up and stretching. "let me go grab zeke so he can heal your back" he said and walked out the room. zeke was chill. he reminds me of ginora, just a guy. hes 17 and hes a great healer. not better than kya though. kya is still my number one healer. well, maybe katara is number one. i saw the curtain open and marko and zeke walked in. zeke was holding a bowl of water and marko had the piercing tools and the loops.

i relaxed once again and let zeke heal my back. once he was done i sat up. marko covered zeke's eyes with his hand. "hes fine, marko. its not first time hes seen tits" i say laughing a little bit. he rolled his eyes and took his hand off his the kids eyes. "and, hes already seen my boobs, on accident" i say standing up.

zeke doesnt really get paid much. so being the person i am, i gave him 50 bucks. "have fun, dont waste it on stupid shit" i say, making him smile and run out the room. "you gotta stop doing that zuri." marko said. "hes get 2 bucks an hour, and he works from what? 6 to 12? yall got some weird ass hours. thats not enough. hell ill even invite him to work with me" i stood up and grabbed my bra and put on. i grab my jacket and sit back down in the seat.

"ready for the snake bites?" marko asked. i nod. he grabbed the needle and walked over to me. he grabbed my lip and stuck the needle through my lip. i winced in pain. "there, one is done" he said. he did the same with the other side of my lip. i touch my lips and the silver piercings. i stood up and walked over to the mirror. "i fucking love it" i say smiling. "thats why i said it was a great choice" he said. "how much for the tat?" i ask. "no need, ill handle it" he said. "cmon marko, you always do this. at least let me pay you, for once" i say. "no, keep your money" he said crossing his arms and leaning against the counter.

"fine, but next time im paying you" i say. "whatever" he said smiling. i grabbed my jacket and hugged him. "see you soon" i say. he hummed and i left.

-

i walked into kuviras jail cell and she lied on the bed with her eyes open.

"i told you i would come visit at some point" i say bending down. "i know." "so, you get released soon, how do you feel about that?" i ask as she sits up. "i dont know how to feel about it. i mean, everywhere i go im going to get ambushed or something. and, ill probably be going back to zaofu. knowing su she wont let me back in there." kuvira said. "ill talk to her. ill see if i can convince her to let you back in there." i put my hand on her shoulder and sit next to her. "ill take you out there so i can be there to help." "will you stay there?" she asked. i shook my head. "i cant, i got a life here. and the airbenders are loving me right now. i cant leave that, sorry." i say. "no, no, i understand."

it was quiet for a moment until she broke the silence.

"after everything ive done, why are you still here for me?" kuvira asked.

"i actually dont know. when i met you, you began to grow on me and i never wanted to leave you, believe me. i hated seeing you being put into cuffs. but i had the option to either let you stay here, or the actual jail. and trust me, i fought lin to let you stay here. did i like it? no." i say. "if you were at the actual jail, you'd probably be dead. and i didnt need that." i said. i watched her smile slowly grow bigger.

i checked the time and i had to leave.

"ill see you friday when you get released." i smile. she gave me a quick hug and lied back down.

i walked out the cell and closed it.

i never saw kuvira as a soft type of person. when you first met her she's actually really bossy and shit. but now, she's softer then before.

-

i walked back into lins penthouse to see her dozed off on the couch. the radio was off and it was quiet. i grabbed a blanket and covered her up with it.

i went to walk away but lin spoke. "how'd it go?" she asked. "i thought you were asleep. and it went fine" i said crossing my arms. "you woke me up when you opened the door" lin sat up and stretched.

"im going into work soon" she said. "what? why? its sunday" i say putting my hair in a bun. "i have nothing do to, the city needs me" she said. i sigh and unzip my jacket. i forgot i didnt have a shirt on under this so i quickly cover myself. "just dont stay long please." i say.

lin looked at me with a red face, meaning she saw everything. "i never realized you had that many tattoos" i shrug. lin just rolled her eyes and walked upstairs to change into her metal uniform.

i sat down on the couch and fiddled with my thumbs until she came back down.

i heard her boots clank on the floor and and she sat next to me. she laid her head on my shoulder again. "if youre going to work you should go now. either you fall asleep again or go to work" i say. i threw my head back and she sat up.

she kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

intimacy || lin beifong x oc readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara