XIII

warning. there might be a smut in this chapter. 

i sat at a table while kuvira looked out the train window and baatar looked at a map. i sipped on my tea and watched baatar walk over to kuvira. "by this time tomorrow, my mother will have signed our treaty, and the earth empire will have finally be united." baatar said. "dont get ahead of yourself. securing your hometown wont be like every other city." kuvira said walking over to the map. she glanced over to me then back to the map. "zaofu stopped being my home long ago." he said. "im ready to take it by force" "no. the eyes of the world are on us now, we muct do this right." kuvira said turning to face baatar. "thats why we need bolin and zuri." she said looking at me. i gave a small smile and i earned a look from baatar. "do you think we can rely on them? especially zuri?" he said. i stood up and stood next to kuvira. she sighed and looked back at baatar. "su trusts bolin and i trust zuri" she said turning back to face the map. "she'll listen to him" she said. "whats your problem with me lately baatar?" i ask folding my arms. "considering youre sleeping with-" "for the last time! im not sleeping with kuvira! for fuck sakes, im nice enough not to sleep with your goddamn fiancee" i say. "so you would?" he asked and kuvira gave me a look. i sigh, "honestly, yes i would. but im not and i never will. im my opinon, kuvira is a great person and i would love to-" "be careful what you say, zuri" baatar said looking a little mad. kuvira fully turned to face me, giving me her full attention. "like i was saying," i smirk, "i would loveeee to kiss her" i say teasing him. he ran towards me and i moved to the left making him run into the window. "ooo, sorry about that" i say. i look around for any form of liquid and luckily there was a thing of water sitting on one of the tables. i move my left arm out then back in, making the water levitate in front of me. right as baatar turned around, i froze him to the wall with the water. "zuri, be nice" kuvira said. i rolled my eyes and unfreeze him. "youre a bender?" baatar asked. "yes" i say. "i thought you were just a scientist who worked with us, not a bender." he said with a nicer tone. "and trust me, shes a great fighter" kuvira said. "i found out for myself and it didnt turn out well. i then found out she was also a healer." she said looking at me. "she thought it wouldve been a good idea to challenge me in a fight." i say. "and people say your a pro at earthbending when you lost to a waterbender" i say laughing. "i could probably defeat you right here right now" kuvira said. "bring it kuvira" i say smirking. her face flushed red and she looked away.

next thing the i knew, the train shook, knocking over some things on the walls. "what was that?" kuvira asked suspiciously. "probably varrick with that spirit vine." i say. kuvira immediately ran to the back of the train. baatar and i followed her. when we got there, there was a huge hole in the end of the train. zhu li and varrick were both on the floor. "what happened? did we get attacked?" kuvira asked. "no, we were spirit vined but dont worry" varrick said standing up and brushing his clothes off. "im putting the kibosh on this project" he said pulling a lever and shutting everything down. "no, youre not." kuvira said. "do you realize what we can do with this kind of power?" "yes i do, and thats why weve got to put an end to it. what if it fell into the wrong hands?" varrick said. "since when does that matter to you?" baatar asked. "i know, its not like me right?" he said. "usually, i look at projects like this, and all i can think of is, 'wow i can make a lot of money off of this' but recently, ive been having these strange feelings inside.its like im concerned with others" varrick said. "and theres this nagging voice in my head constantly telling me whats right from wrong" "i believe that voice is your conscience sir" zhu li said. "well, im the other voice in your head, and im telling you, you will continue this project." kuvira said. "sorry no" varrick said, waving his hand side to side. "i just really got to stand my ground with this one." he said.

i watched as the pieces of metal around his collar started to wrap around his neck and he began to float. i look over to kuvira, who is the only metalbender here, and she has her left arm up and her right arm down. she began walking to the end of the train, still holding varrick in the air. "now theres a voice in my head telling me to drop you on the tracks. should i listen?" she said holding him above the tracks. "please do" i say. "no" varrick said as he kicked his legs. "head voices are like liars. what do head voices know? ill work on the project. please dont drop me" he said. kuviras arm was fully extended out until she swung her arm and varrick hit the ground pretty hard. kuvira walked back over to us, stepping over varrick. "you shouldve dropped him" i said. "who wouldve worked on the project?" "uh, zhu li?" i say. she hummed and nodded. "ill be right back, i need to do something" he said walking away. theres really nowhere to go on this train.