Hoofdstuk Eén: What Did I Get Myself Into

Max Verstappen had won his third championship a month ago and nobody had really heard from him other than a few fellow drivers and his family, the fan base he had acquired throughout the years assumed he was just partying but that however is not the case. Max was tired, of media, of the team, the hate, even some drivers were getting on his nerves -not much of a shock. He needed a break, so he decided to leave behind his multi-million dollar apartment in Monaco, and stay in plain sight.

The Netherlands, this is where most of his fans are yet since they thought he was probably off in some nightclub in Monte Carlo nobody really noticed his presence, other than the odd fan of course.

Being in the second most populated city in the country was probably not the best plan but he found a quiet part of the busy city, thanks to his assistant.

while already being in Rotterdam for about three days Max had already found his new favourite cafe, it was in a small little square with some local owned stores, there was a book store, thrift, a convenance store, a little farmers market that opens twice a week according to the owner of the convenance store, and of course in a little corner was the cafe.

Today, just like his first day - Max was making his way back to the store to get himself some lunch as he slept trough the morning, just as he turned the corner a block away from the hotel he has been staying in for the time being. Max bumps into a girl who was looking at some people on bikes across the road with a smile on her face, she also seemed to be humming a song that sounded a lot like a song that was DJ-ed at a club in Miami earlier that year.

"Oh- Sorry!" She says in Dutch, her accent definitely showing that she is from Rotterdam the distinct accent prominent in her one word uttered.

Max's tells her it's fine, she seemed pretty interested in those people who clearly didn't understand how to properly follow the Dutch way of riding bikes - they were even in the middle of the road.

When he speaks her eyes snap to his face and she stares for a few seconds before saying "Wauw," Max's eye widen - he was not expecting this. This beautiful girl is just staring at him, and said wow? not how he imagined this to be going.

He didn't even hear what she said before saying she had to leave, what a strange interaction...

for the rest of the day all he could think of was the blonde girl he accidently ran into.

@elsbethpoems