Hoofdstuk Twee: Iggy

Elizabeth was laying upside-down on her bed which was on a loft in her relatively small apartment. Finding a relatively big apartment is a big ask nowadays with how expensive even her small apartment is, and she's perfectly fine with the close-space. With a book in her hand she gets lost in the hundreds of pages, flipping to the next page she suddenly hears--

'Meow' Her cat, Iggy, was just staring at her expectantly staring at her with wide yellow eyes.

"Listen, maat. Let's make a deal," (Buddy/Mate/Bud) Elizabeth started but stopped for a beat to see if he'd answer, but obviously he didn't. She puts her book face-down on her bed to give him her attention.

"Oh don't look at me like that," The fluffy white cat just blankly blinked at his owner like she had just committed the most heinous crime, "Fine! you win."

She rolled herself out of the comfort of her warm blankets to get the little non-talking cat some food. while going down the steep stairs she almost slipped if it wasn't for her amazing balancing skills, "Iggy, your mother is such a genius."

"Okay I'm done now," Elizabeth sighs.

Elizabeth knows she's utterly hilarious. It's in her blood... quite literally, her father - Aart - was a stand-up comedian and her mother - Emma - was on some crazy dramatic show that unfortunately got cancelled after two seasons for being "controversial"... The Van de Kerk's don't speak of that though. 

After feeding her cat that acted like he hadn't had anything to eat in years, Elizabeth gathered her things to go bring Mrs. Klijn her dish back along with some fresh flowers she had gotten from the square just outside of Rotterdam the day she had walked way from her new friend, Max.

Sometimes Elizabeth kind of just finds people she thinks look fun to become friends with, most times it doesn't work however for some reason Max didn't seemed put off by her bluntness at wanting to get to know him. She admired that, he seem genuinely nice.

With that thought Elizabeth walks out of her door with her bike in hand and started on the short journey to someone she saw as a grandparent figure she never really had.

elsjevandk

elsjevandk: Happy days and new songs

Here's a short little chapter, thank you for the love so far! I do have a Lando book as well but it is much more laid-back in my writing style and is more of just me trying to be funny even though I'm generally very blunt but if you like wrong number books go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for reading!