Hoofdstuk Vijf: Call From a Friend

"Hey, Mate!" an Australian voice is heard echoing from the speaker of Max's iPhone. Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen hadn't talked to one another since the last race of the 2023 season which was about two weeks ago now.

"Hi Daniel," Max's voice is strained, he was up all last night on the phone with Elizabeth, yes he could have actually been with her in person but they both decided against it both having things to do. But thankful those thing on their To-Do list's were multi-task friendly.

"So, I'm in your apartment," Daniel turns the phone to show Max's Monaco home, his living room to be exact. You may be wondering what is this crazy guy doing in this poor mans apartment? well to feed Max's two cats Jimmy and Sassy of course!

Sassy lets out a meow in the background, you can see her rub her head on Daniel's leg. "Thanks for feeding them," Max says in response to seeing his beloved cats.

Daniel laugh bellows through the phone, "No problem man! I might just take them home," though through his contagious smile you can see the hit of worry behind his eyes, Max knowing his best friend like the back of his hand-- which is not that well considering the fact that Max had just looked at it and found a new scratch from Lord knows where-- can see his friends distress.

"I'm fine," He sighs trying to ease his worries. It is true, Max had been fine considering his new friend he had made. "I even made a new friend, stop worrying."

"So you've just been ignoring me?" The Australian jokes, "But that aside you need to talk to us, we miss you," Daniel set the phone down and picks up one of the cats, "They definitely do."

"C'mon Maxie, come back to Monaco!" Daniel says in a high pitch voice imitating what they would sound like if they could talk, he lifts the paw of Sassy but she was having none of it and ran away.

"Are you drunk?"

"Wow straight to the point!" the bellowing laugh makes a comeback as Daniel throws his head back, "No, but watch out all your alcohol might be taken by me and Lando before you come back."

"I'll live."

quick little Maxiel content because I was missing these two as teammates recently