Hoofdstuk veertien: what.

This was truly the test of their friendship, there is a two day count-down until Max has to leave for England to meet with his team principal after the stunt he pulled.

Last season, though the Dutch-man had already won the championship title, had gotten crashed out by a few of his fellow drivers in the last lap of the season ending race. Max being the civil man he's known to be decided it's be a good idea to punch them in the face then flee his interview duties, got on the first flight out of Abu Dhabi and left to hide in plain sight. and to say his boss was infuriated wouldn't be enough to label the way he felt.

The icing on top is that Max had been ignoring him to the point where Max would only talk through his PA to Christian Horner. Yesterday that streak ended and he had finally apologized to his boss and got back on- okay terms. However, Max refuses to publicly say anything regarding the assault. Thankfully though Elizabeth stood by his side as he talked heatedly at Horner on the Telephone trying to calm him down and not lose his Formula One seat. Not that he would as that would be a sever lapse in judgement on Red Bull's side to release Max of his position.

Frustrated just thinking about what had happened, Max ran his hand through his hair with a frown on his now pale face, result of no sign of the sun in the now cloudy city. In a way he was excited to go home, but nothing compares to his real home - Holland. Speaking of home Daniel and Lando finally gave up on staying and trashing his Monaco flat in the name of feeding Jimmy and Sassy, instead his Mother, Sophie, took their spot waiting for his arrival in the near week. 

Max Verstappen sat on his hotel couch his elbows on his knees. he had slept the night before on the very spot he sat while accidently falling asleep on call with the one girl who couldn't leave his brain no mater what he tried to do to stop thinking of her and her beautiful smile that never seemed to leave her pale face.

With an annoyed groan he stood and picked up the random stuff he had left on the floor, trying to clean for his departure in the following days. He found his mood declining as the days past, this was the first time he had felt better in a long while and to think he's just leaving the reason he's been so happy- wait... what.

Max stopped dead in his tracks having just grabbed a water bottle of his table, the reason he's been happy.

"W-what?" he sputters eyebrows furrowing. "She is the reason I'm happy." 

"Oh m'n God." the bottle falls to the floor with a thud, his eyes widen.... there's no way this is happening to him. He could never say anything to her, it would ruin everything. She's the Sun and he's the Moon, it'd never work they are too different. Friends. My best friend.

"What do i do?" he could never tell anyone, definitely not Daniel and Lando they would just laugh, his mum wouldn't understand, his sister has enough to deal with at the moment with her two kids and third on the way... And certainly he couldn't talk with Elizabeth, oh how terrible that would be.

It's just a little crush, no worries... right? Natuurlijk... toch?

it'll pass, he can do "just friends."

....

just going to leave this here