Chapter 11

When I woke in the morning, I almost rushed home. There were so many things that I needed to do before heading to practice. That included changing into my training kit, taking my tablets and eating breakfast. "Don't stress Isa, we have a lot of time" Alexia mumbled when I started stirring. "You might have a lot of time, I need to get home before practice. There are so many things I need to do before I can leave Alexia." I responded, the stress I felt shining through with my words. "We'll go past your apartment before we head to training. Don't worry Isa." she calmed me down. Quickly we made our way up from the couch and into the kitchen were Alexia started cooking something.

"I know you said you liked oatmeal for breakfast, so I made you some" she said while putting down a bowl of oatmeal in front of me. "This time I actually had berries at home, and I think it makes a big difference" she continued while sitting down on the chair right next to me. "Thank you, Ale, it looks fantastic" I responded while taking the first bite of my meal. It was quite good to be honest. Not too salty and the berries made it sweeter than it would be otherwise. A better start to the day than a good bowl of oatmeal was difficult to find. We ate our breakfast as quickly as possible. After we were done Alexia changed into her training kit before we made our way down to her car.

I wanted a car, it would be a great way to be more independent. No those were bad thoughts. I needed to put down a deposit for an apartment before I could buy anything else. It wasn't like I didn't have any money. When my mom passed away, she left all her money to me and my two siblings. She had worked hard her entire life and had saved up so much money that even a third of it was enough to put down a deposit and pay of a loan for years. I just needed to find a nice apartment and then I could maybe move out. I turn nineteen in less than four months. It was time to move out and let my sister live with her family.

I would start looking today after practice. No, I had classes afterwards. Maybe after my classes would be a great time. But then I needed to call Ona. So, after training, after classes, and after Ona. Then I would have time. Wait, then I need to have dinner. Okay so after dinner. That would leave me with a total of fifteen minutes of looking time. Why is my schedule so hectic? I should have stopped after football. But I needed my degree for when I retired from professional football.

"What are you thinking about Isa? You look so deep in thought" Alexia asked with a smile. "I want to buy an apartment, and I'm trying to figure out when I'll have the time to start looking for one" I answered her. "You know we are always here to help. We helped Aitana pick out her apartment and move in over the summer." Alexia said and for once I realized that there were so many people on my side. I had my sister, my brother and my newfound friends. As always, I had Ona. But she was so far away from me.

We made it to my apartment pretty quick. And as I had before I rushed in to change and pack a small bag. I brought my books, cleats, shin guards and makeup. That had to be enough to get me through the day. I also brought a change of clothes so I could shower there. Everything was turning out better than I had imagined. The sun was shining through the dark clouds that had covered my life for a year.

"Li, wait a second" Daniela said as I walked down the stairs. Had I done something wrong? Was it maybe that she didn't want me here anymore. Don't panic Elisa, wait for what she has to say before you panic. I came to a halt, and she walked towards me. "I got a call from Nike, they want to sponsor you. Just think about it and we can give them an answer later, Li." she said. Wait that was good news. A major brand wanted me. Why? "I'll think about it Dan, I love you, but I got to go" I said while pulling her in for a hug.

To some people it may seem strange that my sister handled all the official things around me. I just didn't have the time or energy for that. It started when I struggled with basic things in life and needed a break from offers, I would receive. For me it didn't matter if brands wanted me when I didn't want them. It was a break for me and a way for my mental health to improve when she ignored them for me.

Instead of waiting around I made my way out to the car. I had been gone for longer than I thought. "There you are, what took you so long?" Alexia asked when I sat down on the passenger seat. "My sister needed to tell me something and it took longer than anticipated" I answered her. Wanting to keep everything a secret until I had decided what I would do. Well, I would take the deal, it was something that happened once in a lifetime almost. A deal with a major brand was good, it would bring in money for me and maybe even some recognition.

"We better get going so we aren't late for practice" she said while starting the car. This time she handed me the aux. "What music do you want to hear?" I asked her. I didn't want to play my music. Music is a way to know someone so deeply and that I reserved for myself. "I want you to play the music, hence why I gave you it" she answered calmly. There was no way of getting out of this. So, I caved in and started playing some music.

We sang along the entire way. Alexia was slowly warming me up. Making me feel happier with every day that passed. It would take some time, but maybe I would come out of my shell and talk about the things I had been hiding. No, that's going a bit too far. Only Daniela knew, and I wanted to keep it that way.

When the two of us arrived, we made our way to the changing room. For me it was unusual being this late, I was always early, not right on time, because to me that was the same as being late. "Elisa! How are you?" Aitana yelled as I was making my way towards my cubby. "I'm good. How are you?" I asked back, happily. A simple greeting was a way to make someone feel so happy. It made me feel like I was part of the team, part of this friend group. "I'm great. Would you maybe want to take a coffee with me after training? I could help with your math's" she said jokingly. We all knew how bad she was at math, especially after the incident last week. "You know how much I appreciate your help. But not when it comes to math Aitana. Not when it comes to math" I said in the joking manner. That caused a laugh to break out from all our teammates and Aitana's face to turn into a dark red colour.  

Today for practice the focus was on our offence and defence. We did some exercises that would help with both passing accuracy and how we should run on the pitch. After that it was time for an 11 v 11 game. Here the focus was on the attacking players to play their way around us, using what we had been working on. For us defenders we only had to try and stop them, mostly by cutting off their options to pass the ball. It was a lot of work, with the tempo being higher than it would be during a game. We also had some time in the gym, building up our strength and preventing injuries. 

I could feel my endurance and strength improving, as well as my performance on the pitch. Playing with world-class footballers like my teammates really did something for me. It made me improve a lot. And they were all nicer than I thought they would be. For me they were people I had been looking up to for years. I expected them to be confident, maybe even a little bit mean and bitchy. But they weren't. They were nicer than my previous teammates.

I showered quickly before me and Aitana made our way to lunch and then coffee. She helped me as good as she could with my math. Mostly just disturbing me, but I loved having her there. 

My class passed quickly, and after I even stayed for a few minutes to talk to one of my classmates. She gave me her number and said that if I ever needed a study-buddy I could call her.

When I got home, I cooked dinner with my sister while telling her that I would accept the deal. I also told her that I would be looking for an apartment to move into. She spent an hour with me and looked at apartments to buy. After that Ona and I talked for hours until we both fell asleep on the phone. I told her about the brand deal I would sign, and how I was looking for an apartment. She told me about her game, and how much she enjoyed playing with their team. How she might even become a starting player. I hated that she couldn't do that here with me.

------------------------------

Are you studying anything at the moment?
I'm studying science at the moment. Struggling a lot with physics and that's why updates are so slow.

As always, votes and comments are greatly appreciated<3

Did you see the Arsenal and Chelsea game yesterday?
As an Arsenal supporter I am very happy!!

------------------------------