Chapter 31

I must have fallen asleep on her couch, because that is where I woke up. I was still laying between Alexia's legs, and it was in no way comfortable. My back was stiff and so was my neck. They were almost numb. My eyes were extremely swollen from all the crying and keeping them open was painful.

Beneath me I could feel Alexia stirring, she was waking up. "Good morning, Ale" I whispered and turned around to face her. "Good morning, Isa" she responded and moved closer. It was almost like she was going to kiss me. Oh no, she was going to kiss me. "I've got morning breath" I said while pulling away from her. This caused Alexia to burst into laughter and my cheeks to turn red. "How about I make you some breakfast instead then?" she asked. "That sounds good" I answered, and we made our way into the kitchen.

I jumped up on her kitchen counter and carefully watched as she made some food for us. She toasted the bread, mashed the avocados, and poached the eggs. I knew exactly what she was making, and it looked incredibly good. "You are very distracting when you sit there looking cute" Alexia said in the middle of cooking. "Is that a compliment or an insult?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "A compliment, but you already knew that cariño" she answered. I could hear how proud she was of that comeback, and she had no reason for that. It was pretty bad, but all I wanted to do now was to kiss her again.

Instead of doing that I pulled her in for a hug. She melted into my embrace and softly kissed my shoulder. "I need to continue with the food" Alexia said before placing another kiss on my shoulder. She let go of me and continued cooking, but I missed her embrace. So, I jumped down and hugged her from behind. I held on tight and followed her every move.

After a few more minutes she was done with breakfast. I was no longer holding onto her as tightly. Instead, I was walking right behind her, holding two cups of coffee. "Oh, this is so delicious" I called out after taking the first bite. "Why thank you" Alexia responded and squeezed my hand softly. It was a delicious breakfast.

I went home after our breakfast. I needed some time alone to reflect about everything that had happened. 

The reflection I needed never came. Instead, I sat alone in my house. The days passed quickly, and I have no memories from them. The only thing I remember was that my bag was packed when I picked Ona up to go to the airport. I don't remember anything else, and that was not good.

I drove all the way to the airport. It was my first time driving since I got my license, which felt pretty strange.

"You need to tell me everything that's been going on. I know you are seeing someone" I said as soon as she got inside the car. "Well, she is incredibly sweet and good looking. We have been seeing each other for a while now and things are always interesting. The only bad thing is that she is not a footballer, and I am probably moving away from Madrid. So, I am thinking about breaking up with her, because I don't want to do long distance" Ona explained. That was longer than I thought it would be. "I get it, distance is very hard" I answered. I knew it from being apart from Ona. She was my closet friend, and the lack of interaction was hard on me. I wanted us to be playing together for Barcelona and I knew that this was the best decision for her career. Just like staying at Barcelona was the one I made for mine.

"Where are you thinking about going?" I asked. I needed to find out where she was going, and I was sure she would tell me. "Levante wants me, and I want to go there" she answered. "I think that is a great decision, you will excel there, and I am sure about that" I told her. Without looking I knew a big smile covered her face. I also knew that she wanted to ask me about my life. "What has been going on with you? You look way happier than usual, so I just want to know who you are sleeping with" Ona said. Just like I knew she would.

"I have not been sleeping with anyone, but I am kind of seeing someone. Like we haven't been on a date, but we have been hanging out for some time" I told her, and my cheeks made sure to tell her exactly how much I liked her. "Isa is smitten, this was a long time since it last happened, who is she?" Ona asked. "Maybe we can talk about that later, maybe in London and not at the airport?" I proposed and Ona agreed. We had gotten there fast, our conversation making sure that the time passed quickly.