Chapter 41

Four weeks later I was graduating. All the courses I needed to take were finished, and I was done with school for the foreseeable future. "I am so proud of you Isa" Alexia said as I was standing in front of the mirror. I was wearing this beautiful dress that Alexia had helped me pick out, it was very simple, however it was beautiful. A little black thing, and Alexia had a hard time keeping her eyes off me when I wore it. "Do I look good enough Ale?" I asked with a smile. I knew she thought I looked good, it was just some teasing. "You look amazing" she answered with a foolish smile. I felt her arms wrap around my waist and she turned me around, facing me.

"Don't kiss me, you can't ruin my makeup, and don't make me cry" I lectured her. "I wouldn't dare" she joked and kissed my shoulder where she knew I didn't have any makeup. "I will cry later" I said with a smile. Everyone I loved would be there, my two siblings and their families, and Alexia. "I don't think you will be the only one" she answered.

Alexia drove me to the university. Her hand was on my thigh as usual, and she sang along to the music I played. I didn't. I was way too nervous for that, all I could concentrate on was my graduation. "You will do good, don't be nervous cariño" Alexia said and rubbed circles on my thigh. I didn't answer her, instead I grabbed her hand and held it tightly. I leaned in closer to Alexia, trying my best to touch her body. It was difficult when she was driving, and we were both in the car. "You just have to look pretty, and you are nailing that" Alexia joked. It brought a smile to my face, and I chuckled slightly.

We were there sooner than I wanted. I left Alexia in the car and made my way inside. There I was handed my gown and my hat. There would be a ceremony in about an hour. Everyone was already inside, talking with their friends and classmates. I joined in with them. We talked about how we were all done with school and what we wanted to do afterwards. "I am going to play football" I said to them when they asked me. "Like professionally?" one of the girls asked. Her name was Amalie, and she was quite nice, we had never really talked. I just came her to study and left when I was done. "Yeah. I play professionally now, but I want to continue doing it" I answered them. "Who do you play for?" one of the guys asked. "Barcelona, and sometimes the national team" I said. I was trying not to be cocky, it was unnecessary.

"That is impressive" he continued with a smile. We stayed and talked for a while. He was working on getting into med-school, something he had dreamt about for long.

The graduation ceremony passed quickly. We all got our diplomas and soon enough I was standing with my family. Alexia was holding me tightly, whispering in my ear how proud she was while we were talking to my siblings. Alexia had Alicia on her shoulders and Maria was standing next to us, holding my hand tightly. Sofia was in my arms. I loved that they all came here to support me, it meant a lot. "I got you a gift, you will see it when we get back" Alexia whispered in my ear. "I can't wait" I whispered back. A big smile covered my face. I was done with school, and I got to do it with the people I loved.

We had about an hour at home before we needed to leave for a dinner with all our friends and my family. When we got back the apartment was unlocked. I found that strange, but Alexia just walked inside, like it was nothing wrong. I saw Aitana inside, that was even stranger. She was never here alone. She held something in her hand, something fluffy. Alexia grabbed the fluffy thing from Aitana and made her way back to me. It was a puppy. A Pomeranian puppy, just like the one Alexia had wanted for ages. "I got us a puppy" she said with a big smile on her face. I hugged her tightly, careful not to hurt the little fluffy creature that she held.

Soon enough I was cuddling with the puppy. We played on the floor, on top of the blanket that Alexia had put down. Aitana had left as soon as she handed over the puppy. She said that she didn't want to intrude, and she wanted to get ready for dinner. "What do you think we should name her?" Alexia asked. All three of us were on the floor. Alexia and I must have looked like we had just become parents, but it was to a dog and not a baby. "We can name her Nala, like the lion in the lion king. A perfect name for a brave little girl" I answered. It was a good name for our little girl. Alexia agreed with that. So, we named her Nala.