Chapter 10: Scavenger Hunt pt.2

~~~~Still Morning About To Be Afternoon~~~~

I continue to drive around town looking for the other things on the list. This time I look for the easy things like cupcakes, the...bottle of lotion, the pencils or singular pencil I don't know he didn't specify, the ball im assuming a singular ball as well, building blocks, a— A CORN MEMBERSHIP WAIT DID HE MEAN PORN?!?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT?! ugh anyways I'm not even going to question anymore. I have also gotten the wait I didn't get the PlatStation 5 either hmm [I look at the other piece of paper] I gotten the magnets the pee dog pads like I said I'm not going to question the rotten pumpkin the water bottle and the... The tampons [I grab the bridge of my nose.]

The (sigh) the board game I got to tell Nate about this when I see him again. S-STICKY THINGS A-AND BALLOON OF PENS AND A well a mouse isn't that bad well it depends on what kind of mouse the boss wants a umm did I forget anything? [I look back at the first page] Oh yeah the singular button is the only thing he was specific about yay. Oh, I got the bag as well.

I go to the XXX store to find a porn membership card and scratch that off the list as well. I'm just glad I still have the credit card that he gave me weeks ago I wonder if April kept hers as well, Anyways I go to the gaming store to get the PlatStation 5 and surprisingly the card went through I mean I'm not that surprised it's just I don't know. I feel rich being able to buy all this stuff without thinking about the price.

Now time to get the sticky things and a balloon of pens and the mouse too I guess... I have an idea. I go to the 50-cent store to get a balloon and some pens I put them in the balloon and then I ask the cashier to blow the balloon up for me I'm just happy they didn't ask about the pens. Now it's time to walk and find the sticky things...but what would he want?

"hey excuse me ma'am what would you consider sticky things."

"... boy what?"

"I mean like what can I find here that's sticky?"

"Oh umm glue... and tape"

(that didn't help much) "well umm, would you rather get glue or tape?"

"Glue the elmas kind, favorite brand."

"Okay thank you."

I go to find one huge bottle of elmas glue (very surprised the 50 cent store had this type of stuff) I go to pay for it and then leave the store. Finally I'm so close to being finished all I need now is the mouse but then what kind of mouse does he want? I'll call April and ask her.

[ringgg,ringggg]

"Hello?"

"Hi April hows the hunting going?"

"Its going pretty well its going its just boring shit like toilet paper and stuff how about you?"

"You got the normal stuff mine was so crazy and weird like I had a- I'm going off subject, on my list it has mouse written down I don't know what kind of mouse he would want?"

"Well I mean we do have computers he might just want a computer mouse."

"Hmm makes sense so I'll just get both a real mouse and a computer mouse just in case."

"WHAT WAIT LEO STO—" I hang up ok now it's time to go to the pet shop.

~~At the pet shop~~

Ok time to hurry this up I get off soon.

"Umm Sir I need a mouse."

"Oh sure what kind?"

"...umm uhh a mouse like an umm a house mouse?" the cashier looks at me for a minute...did I say something wrong?

"Give me a minute." [he walks to the back of the store] "CATCH IT COME ON THERS SOMEONE IN THE FRONT WHO NEEDS A MOUSE GODAMNIT."...... "THANK YOU."
He walks up to me "ok heres your mouse sir that will be....$485 dollars."

"Ok then here you go." [I give the card away with confidence as he scans it]

"Umm sir?"

"Yes?"

"Your card declined."

[I look at him astonished... he didn't say that did he?] "W-what?"

[he looks at me with a black face then holds up a microphone and speaks into it] "YOUR. CARD. IS. DECLINED. SIR."

[I start to hear oooo's and snickering from around the store I feel myself getting more and more embarrassed. So I did what any normal person would do I snatched the card back and ran out of the store into my car and back to work.]

(Sigh) "At least I have the regular mouse right here hopefully this is what the boss was referring too."

As I drive back to work I catch up with April who just like me is done as well. We go into the parking garage park our cars and head on into the building.

"Leo please tell me you didn't get a real mouse, like the animal."

"Shit I couldn't his card declined." [As I said that I heard April snicker in front of me] "What was that?"

"Hm? (She tries to hold in a laugh) nothing?"

"Yep and then he pulled up a microphone YEAH A MICROPHONE AND YELLED IT OUT SO EVERYONE IN THE DAMN STORE CAN HEAR MY BUSINESS." [April busts out laughing] "SO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?"

"I-I'm sorry I can't I can't," April says bursting out with laughter.

Once we get back to the bosses room we give the boss all of the items we have gathered and surprisingly we almost gotten everything right.

"Mr.Jackson."

"Yes sir?"

"Why did you get me a porn membership?"

"Well I mean on the list it said corn so I thought you ment porn."

"N-no If I wanted porn I would've gotten it myself. I wouldn't have gotten you to get it for me."

"Wait then what did you mean corn membership."

April then looks like she had a light bulb moment and then tells me what's on her mind.

"Ohhh Leo there's a corn shop around the city and they sell memberships I forgot to tell you hehe."

I look at her with a blank face then sigh.

"I mean Mr.Jackson it's fine I can put this to good use and this bottle of lotion too."

"Ok April I think it's time for us to leave" I say as I walk towards the door.

"Yeah I think the same let's go" she follows behind me.

We left the bosses office eventually realizing that our shift has ended now we go check out and drive home (oh if your wondering how I have my car and Nate dropped me off this morning, awhile after the house fire April went and got my car so yeah) Well April drives home I go back to Nate's house.