Chapter 6: Back to you

"Where have you been, April?" Eleanor's asked the crying April over the phone. "I'm on my way; if I find the bitch that did this to you, I'll kill them," Eleanor threatened. Eleanor, April, and Jacky have been best friends since high school.

Nothing comes between them, not even boys, only food. "Ms. Stewart, where are you going at this hour of the night?" A young, tall, black, muscular man asked. He was Eleanor's boss; he is a little possessive over her, even though Eleanor plays it off. "To get some dick, Mr. Clark," she teased.

It didn't sit well with James. "What did you say?" he questioned it was as if his veins were coming out through his forehead. I wasn't afraid to be a sassy bitch. 

"To get some dick, Mr. Clark," she scoffed annoyed by James. James held her wrist as he squeezed it tightly. "Say it again," his cold voice ordered, glaring into Eleanor's eyes. The phone rang. James was irritated and took the phone, smashing it into pieces.

Eleanor smirked at this, April and I are reporters. We only got in to get information on the James. 

Little did she know that James Clark was the middle child, leaving Austin Clark the eldest brother. His brother was a mafia boss. James was the top Eastern leader where his brother resided.

Eleanor had gotten in and found the papers related to the Western and Eastern company wars. Started by Patrick, who wanted to track down his wife and his child.  I did my investigations finding she has been running from him since she got pregnant, but why?

Eleanor pushed James off, stomping on his foot, and said, "James, I quit!" I quickly rushed out the door as James ran, closing behind me. I know he wouldn't let me go. I needed to get away from him. That one night was a mistake, Eleanor thought. Jacky was already outside "Run!" Jacky shouted.

Eleanor reached the car in time and quickly shut it as she showed her tongue to James, laughing in his face. Jacky started driving towards the hospital at high speed. "She is pregnant huh; I told her to use a condom." Jacky sighed. 

Arriving at the hospital, April was still crying. "Who is the father? I hope it's not Andrew" Eleanor asked, rolling her eyes. "It's his father" The whole room gasped, and Teresa's eyes widened. "Damn girl, I didn't think you were that badass," Jacky teased. "You took revenge to another level," Eleanor laughed.

"What are you going to do?" Teresa asked. "I don't want to keep it," April said. She was having a hard time with her feelings. She didn't think she would be a good mother. She struggles with depression and anxiety, she thought she would only cause pain and harm to the baby.

"April, you're not alone in this; I'm here with you." Teresa smiles, kissing April on the forehead. Eleanor and Jacky came closer, hugging April. They didn't know someone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Boss, we found her, and she's pregnant," a stranger tells his boss.

"Follow them, and when it's right, kidnap the mother and the child," the man responded on the phone.

A/N: Hey guys, it was fun writing this chapter. Who do you think is the stranger?🧐 next week is my first exam. Wish me luck. Thank you for reading !❣️ Tell me what you think.