chapter 12 - breaking point

Y/N awoke from her slumber in the hall on drift mark.

"how could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers" spoke the king faintly as your vision was still blurred.

you didn't pay attention to what anyone was saying as blood fell down your cheek to your chin and jawline.

"it will heal wont it maester?" asked Alicent to the maester who was stitching aemond eye.

"the scar will heal by the eye is lost you grace" spoke the maester finishing stitching his eye.

Alicent had tears in her eyes and she stood and turn to Aegon.

"where were you ?!" shouted Alicent slapping Aegon.

"what was that for?!" shouted Aegon annoyed holding his cheek.

"that was nothing compared to the abuse your brother and betrothed suffered while your drowning in your cups you foul!" shouted Alicent while walking back over to aemond.

lord cory's and rhaenys ran into the room running to there granddaughters. and Rhaenyra and daemon came into the room after and Rhaenyra looked for her sons.

"Jace?.... LUKE!" Rhaenyra shouted running over to her sons.

"who did this?" Rhaenyra asked again.

"they attacked me!" shouted aemond looking back at Rhaenyra.

everyone started shouting and your head started to spin and you put your hands lightly over your ears to block out the noise.

"SILENCE! "bellowed Viserys causing everyone to be silent.

"Y/N, aemond, I will have the truth of what happened". told Viserys walking over to Aemond and you.

"what is there to hear, the lady Y/N and aemond have been maimed and her sons are responsible". spoke Alicent defensively.

"it was a regrettable accident" spoke Rhaenyra looking at you with sorry eyes.

"the prince lucereys brought a blade to the ambush, he meant to kill my son" spoke Alicent pointing at Luke.

"it was y/n and my sons who where attacked and forced to defend themselves, vile insults the used against them" spoke Rhaenyra walking closer to you.

"what insults?" spoke Viserys looking at you asking you to answer.

you looked at aemond who was sitting across form you, you blinked fast to avoid tears falling.

"he- he used my fathers death to call them bastards" you spoke looking down in your lap.

"my sons are in line to inherit the iron throne your grace, this is the highest of treasons, prince aemond must be sharply questioned to know where he heard such slanders" defensively stated Rhaenyra.

"over an insult... my son has lost an eye!" Alicent replied gesturing to aemond.

"you tell me boy.. where did you hear this lie" spoke Viserys towering over aemond.

"the insult was training yard bluster.. between the lot of boys it was nothing" scarcely spoke Alicent.

"aemond I asked you a question" spoke Viserys asking his question again.

aemond stared from his mother to his father.

"aemond, look at me, you king demands an answer, who spoke these lies to you?"

"it was Aegon" aemond spoke as calm as he could.

"me?" scarcely asked Aegon staring at his one eyed brother.

you felt betrayed, how could Aegon say such a thing, he was someone you have strong felling for and yet he said such insults.

"and you.. boy, where did you hear such canonises" asked Viserys as he limped over to Aegon.

"AEGON!, tell me the truth of it!" shouted the king demanding an answer.

"we know father... everyone knows." stated Aegon trying to avoid eye contact.

you stated to feel faint. the blood from you wound still trickling down your face as you began to feel cold despite the blazing fire beside you. you laid your head back and closed you eyes trying to calm yourself. as you where about to start crying you felt a presence to your side.

"are you ok?" the voice whispered.

you opened your eyes and looked to your side. it was prince daemon.

"ye- yes my prince" you lied

"no your not, you cheek on your left has been cut all the way to the jawline on your right" he told you.

"maester, come here" he singled over to the maester to help you.

everyone in the room looked at you as the maester came to your side.

"it should not scar my prince and if it dose it will be verry faint" spoke the maester Pulling out a needle.

Rhaenyra, Jace and Luke. all crouched next to daemon and watched as the maester stitched up your wound.

"oh my dearest love, im so sorry" spoke Rhaenyra taking your hand in hers.

"this interminable infighting must cease! , all of you!, we are family!" shouted the king.

"now make your apologies and show good will you one another, your father your grandsire, YOUR KING DEMADS IT!" bellowed Viserys.

"that is insufficient, aemond has been damaged permanently my king, good will can not make him whole."

"i know Alicent. but i can not restore his eye," the king replied

"no because it has been taken"

"what would you have me do!?"

"there is a debt to be paid, i shall have one of her sons eyes in return". demanded Alicent.

"do not allow your temper to guide your judgement" spoke Viserys getting in Alicent's face.

without warning Alicent grabbed the kings blade and charged at Rhaenyra. shouting erupted and Rhaenyra dropped your hand and grabbed Alicent's stopping the blade form inflicting harm on her. the two where shouting at each other words you couldn't here and you when plucked out of your seat by Aegon and placed behind him, protecting you.

then suddenly Alicent pulled the blade and cut open Rhaenyra's arm, and the blade dropped to the floor.

"do not mourn me mother, it was a fair exchange, i may have lost an eye. but i gained a dragon"

omg this chapter took so long. i had to rewatch this scene over and over a gain to get the scrip correct!