Chapter 24- sucsetion

The day continued to be long and tiresome, you avoided everyone you could no matter who it was

Even on the carriage ride back to the red keep with your betrothed the queen and there family you continued to stay quiet trying not to bring up your outburst with rhenerya.

After entered your chambers you collapsed on your bed. You curled up into a ball and hugged your pillow until there was a knock on your door.

You sighed and sat up.

"Enter" you shouted flattening your dress.

A serving girl entered your chambers with a bow. She had blonde and it was pulled into a pony tail.

"The Queen has summoned you to her chambers" the girl spoke bowing.

"Tell her I shall be there in a moment" you spoke smiling was the girl left.

You sighed and stood up from your bed and walked to your wardrobe. You picked out a new green dress that was made of silk and has lose arms.

You left your chambers and started to walk to see the queen

You left your chambers and started to walk to see the queen. You ignored the looks you got from the lords that saw you wearing Hightower green and just continued on your journey.

You where petrified of what the queen would say. Would she talk out your outburst with rhenerya, did she see you with cannibal, or was she changing her mind about the marriage.

You arrived at her chamber and her guards opened her doors.

"You summoned me your grace" you spoke bowing.

"Ah yes my love, please sit" the queen spoke gesturing to the sofa on the edge of her bed.'

She had tea and small cakes placed on the table in front of the sofa it looked like a little tea party.

The queen sat next to you and handed you tea, there was three cups instead of two so you were a bit confused.

"So my dear, we have some things to discuss before the wedding" the queen spoke

"And Helena will be joining us in a moment to discuss things about marriage" the queen continued.

"So... have you started your blood moon?" The queen asked taking your hands.

Straight into it huh you thought

"Umm yes your grace" you answered.

"Very good cause children would be expected" spoke the queen.

"Ofcourse your grace" you spoke before the doors opened.

"Mother, y/n" Helena spoke sitting in the other space on the sofa.

"So Helena do you know what we're talking about today with y/n" the queen asked.

"Yes mother" Helena answered.

"Ok so y/n.... The first thing we need to discuss it's consummating the marriage" the queen started.

Well we've done that you thought

"And our plans for the succession" the queen continued.

The succession?

"I'm your grace I understand how consummating works, can we discuss the other thing" you asked.

"Umm of course my dear" the queen spoke before placing her tea on the table.

"After the king dies there would be a chance that aegon will succeed him... and with a outburst you had with rhenerya that you might be open to this and that we can trust you" the queen spoke seriously.

"Yes my queen you can trust me I promise"

~~~

You walked back to your chambers and you get a dark shadow over take you like you where already queen.

You had a gut feeling to go see the king so you did. You walked or his chambers and the guards opened his doors.

There was hundreds of incense burning and the sculpture took over half of the room.

"My king?" You spoke walking to the kings side. The king looked sickly, but no different from how he did at the tournament.

"Who...is there?" The king asked

"It's the lady y/n my king" you wandered sitting on his bed.

"I just wanted to se show you where feeling" you spoke.

"Y/n...... such a sweet girl...." The king coughed.

It pained you to see a man you thought of like a grandfather suffering so much

"I wanted to tell you something my king, and I know you might now believe it to be true and I don't Want you to have my tongue...." You spoke teary eyed.

"Speak... my child" the king wheezed.

"The princess rhenerya admired to me today that..... her sons are .... illegitimate" you told tears streaming down your face.

"I-I" the king tried to speak but the words left his mouth.

"I-I named my daughter my h-heir to protect the realm form Damon.... But I think its time to-" the king spoke not being able to finish his sentence.

"To do what my king?" You questioned but the king did not answer, he was to far gone on milk of the poppy.

You started to sob for your 'brothers' your father and the king people you love and care about dearly.

1000 questions ran through your mind

Was the king about to change the succession?
What would happen if he did?
When?
Why?
How?