Chapter 22 - tounements

You had always found tourneys sickening, you just sit and watch men die all day and I was supposed to be entertaining, you just didn't understand but your Betrothed seem to love them.

You wore a Hightower green dress to show your support for your betrothed house, you where reluctant to wear it but the queen picked it out for you so you felt obliged to wear it

You entered the royal both and surprisingly there wasn't many people there apart from the queen and Helena. You trailed over to your seat and the queen complemented you on your dress even though she picked it out.

After a while the whole stadium was full and the king and others arrived.

Deamon, rheanerya jace and Luke had the same reaction to seeing you in your dress, betrayal.

Aegon,aemond, Otto and alicent felt fulfilled to see who this small act got under rhaneryas skin.

"Why are you wearing green" your betrothed asked whispering in your ear.

"Your mother picked it for me and so I felt obliged to wear it" you answered with a scowl.

After a few minutes of chatting with your betrothed the stadium became quite as the king stood up to make his announcement.

"It fills me with joy to see everyone here today for the celebration of the Marriage between house strong and house targerian and Hightower!" The king bellowed and cheers erupted form the stalls.

"I wish many long happy years and also for there marriage to be as happy as my first...." The king continued cursing the stadium to break out in whispers and Viserys realised what he had said.

"And... for there marriage to be as..... lifesaving and fulfilling and my second" he rambled trying to change the tension.

"LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGIN!!" the king bellowed before the crowd erupted into cheers.

You and aegon shared looks.

The first two opponents alerted on there horses.

On was house Lannister and the other was a dornish house. They readyed themselves on there horses and charged knocking the dornish man of his horse.

Shouts erupted from every direction your future husband being responsible for 90% of them.

There was a few more rounds of torneys before 2 men approached the royal stall .

The first man spoke

"I wish for the favour of princess helana!" The man shouted.

Hearing this helana stood up and walked exited to place her favor on the javelin, she wished him luck and you could feel aemond plotting how. To kill the knight for even asking for his wives favour.

"I would like to ask for the lady strongs favour!" The second man bellowed.

You stood up giddy and placed your favour on the javelin.

"I wish you luck good ser" you spoke smiling
"Well having the favour of my future queen would assure my victory!" The man replied. You have a confused smile and walked back to your seat.

You looked at your lap confused, future queen?

You could feel aegons envy growing bigger next to you especially after he placed his hand on your thigh.

_________