What...?

(Flashback)

Denki's Pov:

I'm cuddling with my boyfriend, Hitoshi Shinso, when I get a call from the DT group chat.

"Sorry, Bub. I need to take this," I get up and put the phone to my ear.

I hear crying as soon as I do. My face pales as I realize that there's definitely something seriously wrong. Zuku rarely cries sincere tears in person, never over the phone. But that's definitely Zuku...

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice dead serious. Hitoshi sits straight up in response- he's never heard me be serious. I ignore him for now, hearing Minoru repeat the question and threaten to kill whoever has hurt Zuku.

"..." I hear another sob. "I-I need help..." Oh god. Zuku never asks for help.

"I'm on my way. Don't move." Minoru and I say almost simultaneously. At this point Hitoshi looks seriously freaked out and he can tell I'm panicking to even though I'm just putting on my shoes and coat.

"Pika, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" He comes over to me, placing his hand on my shoulder, but there isn't time. He looks at me, shocked as I brush off his hand. I'm the one who always wants to cuddle and express physical affection.

"Sorry, Hitoshi. I have to go. I don't have the time or knowledge of what's happening to explain." This time he gasps softly. I always call him a variety of pet names, never his actual name. He thankfully realizes that it's serious and I practically bolt to Zuku's apartment, Minoru right beside me.

We get there in record time, faster than we thought was physically possible for our bodies and quirks. Somebody like Zuku, Iida, Bakugo, or even Sero could've gotten there quicker with the use of their quirks. Zuku's apartment is about fifteen minutes by car with no traffic away from UA. Minoru and I got there in ten minutes. We don't bother knocking, just barging inside to find him sobbing on the couch. We run over to him, one of us on each side, prepared to comfort him.

"I-I don't know what to do...!" Zuku sobs out, obviously both distraught and conflicted. "I w-wanna keep it, b-but they'll h-hate me if they find out!" He grips the fabric of his jeans, sobbing. "Why am I so forgetful?! This is my fault!" His body is wracked with harder sobs, causing Minoru and I to look at each other, worried.

"What happened, Zuku? What do you want to keep?" Minoru asks softly, both of us doing our best to comfort him. I'm running my hand through his broccoli hair as Minoru makes soothing circles on his back- in a friend way. We're each others families. Siblings. We're not related, we hadn't even met before UA, but we're a family. More importantly, we're the only family Zuku has.

"...I'm pregnant" Are the words that come out of Zuku's mouth, shocking us both.

(End of flashback)