Part 30

Klas's pov:

Today marked the happiest day of my life, a day where I would unite with the love of my life. From the man caught stealing cigarettes from my father's car to the one sneaking doughnuts, Mickey had shown me the beauty in imperfections. Seated on my bed, nerves consumed me. The idea of marrying at 21, especially to someone like Mickey, felt surreal. Restless, I paced around, rubbing my trembling hands together.

My mother entered, offering a comforting smile as she held my hands. "Today is your wedding day, my dear son. I've raised you for 21 years, and I'm incredibly proud," she cooed, embracing me tightly. Nervously, I confessed my anxiety. She reassured me, sharing her own wedding day jitters. "Will I be happy with Mickey?" I asked, and her eager nod instilled confidence.

Soon, my father joined, adding to the familial warmth. "Our family is expanding," he joyfully declared. Joking about Mickey, he lightened the atmosphere, and we all shared laughter. "Time to go, or we'll be late," my father urged, and we descended together, hands interlocked. Every detail meticulously arranged, my father's efforts shone through, even in the limousine where I sat between my parents, their reassuring grasp calming my trembling hands.

Mickey's pov:

"Your daddy's getting married today, Willy!" Millie cooed, holding Willow in her arms as I sat on the couch. Despite having experienced a wedding before, today's nerves felt different. This time, it was my choice, my desire. Marrying someone I truly loved added a layer of reality and significance. There was a tinge of sadness, realizing my father wouldn't attend, and my late mother wouldn't witness this moment. I yearned for her presence, knowing she would be proud and elated to see my groom.

However, I found solace in those who surrounded me—Max, my brother, Natalie, the mother of my daughter, and Millie, whom I embraced as a beloved little sister. Despite her being Natalie's girlfriend, I cherished their presence. Most importantly, my daughter was there, even if too young to remember this day. I vowed to share the story with her when she grew old enough to understand.

Max approached, assisting me in tying my tie, a skill I lacked. "What did I tell you?" he smirked as he finished the knot. Confused, I raised my brows. "Remember when I said I'd be there on the day you marry Klas?" he reminded me. I chuckled, recalling the moment I had pleaded with him not to force me into marrying Natalie.

I took Willow from Millie's arms, cradling her with a smile. "Willy, Daddy's marrying Klas," I said happily, and my heart warmed as I saw Willow respond with a sweet smile. My love for my daughter surpassed anything else.

"Mickey, do you need paper for your vows?" Natalie asked, busy organizing Willow's necessities. "No, I'm good," I replied. "Alright, are we ready?" Max said, and we all nodded, heading outside and getting into the car.

As we arrived at the wedding hall, I gently handed Willow to Natalie, kissing her little head with affection. Waving at my friends, I parted ways with them, and they entered first, the hum of chatter filling the air. I adjusted my suit, ran my fingers through my hair, and patiently awaited Mary, who approached me, offering her support.

"Are you ready?" Mary smiled, linking arms with me. "Super," I chuckled, and as the doors opened, the grandeur of the hall unfolded before me. Cameras flashed, capturing the moment as I gasped at the opulent surroundings—a testament to the wealth of the man I was about to marry. Slowly, I walked down the aisle, taking in the beauty of the venue. I spotted Max, my best man, beaming proudly, and Millie waving enthusiastically. Returning the wave, I laughed, feeling the joy of the moment. As I reached my spot, Mary kissed my head, smiled, and gracefully walked away, leaving me standing there, eagerly awaiting my groom.