FOUR

I was devastated

I was devastated. All the surrounding voices became blurred as I leaned on the wall behind me.

How could she? HOW DARE SHE!
People do have two faces. It's not always what you think of them. I guess I was too quick to judge her by her innocent looks.

But we were just 16, she can't do any such thing like murder, I need to hear her side of story too, but my mind isn't allowing me to think logically.

Tomorrow is 26th April 2023, seven days before Sophia's death. Not only it is the day when Sophia got kidnapped but also My and Avantika's birthday.

If she gets arrested now, it would ruin her dream job of becoming a doctor.

What should I do? I have only two options, either let Mr. Brady do the investigation which means that her career and reputation will be at stake. Or-

I opened my door and rushed outside, she mustn't have gone too far. I came out in the cold, foggy Europe's street and saw her standing near the bookstore. Busy reading books.

How can a person look adorable even while reading books? Damn. Even now, I'm busy admiring her.

Without thinking much, I quickly went on the other side of the street grabbed her arm tightly, and dragged her inside my house.

She was struggling but I had tightly held her arm making her wince. As soon as we came inside, I shut the door behind me with a thud, making her flinch.

Luckily noone was at my home. Aakash was probably with his friends while my parents were busy with their office work or maybe in the orphanage that they run side by side.

"What the hell are you doing?" She shouted.

"Shut up! You don't have a right to shout at me at my place."
I took a deep breath and looked straight into her eyes- "I answer your questions, You answer my questions. Is that clear? I said in a flat voice.

She rolled her eyes, dammit! The audacity this girl has.

"Listen to me-Avantika Avasthi. It's for your betterment to drop this attitude and answer my fucking questions."

"Is that clear?" I asked again as she gulped at my hard-boiled voice and nodded within a second.

"Sofia Williams. Ring a bell?" I raised a brow and asked.

Terror. Fear. Guilt. reflected in her eyes.

That young, pure, sincere looking Avantika was long gone. She was trying to be bold but was failing miserably.

She surely has a lot of role in this. I didn't know that all my questions would be answered by her.

The one whom I thought to be my saviour was now my nightmare?
Bile raised at my throat making it hard to breathe for me.