SIX

Before we enter inside the room Akshay and I quickly sended a text to our parents saying that we were alright and will be reaching home in few hours

Before we enter inside the room Akshay and I quickly sended a text to our parents saying that we were alright and will be reaching home in few hours. Though we sended a message with our siblings but still, we know they must be concerned.

Just as we entered we found Mr. Brady lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling with his wide blue eyes. He has a very well built physique, perfect for an investigator.

Aksh went near his bed while placing his hand on Mr. Brady's shoulder.

"Mr. Brady, how are you feeling now?" Aksh asked in a low concerned voice.

Mr. Brady looked at him and gave a small smile.

"I'm good, son. Don't worry about me."
As soon as he completed his sentence, his gaze travelled behind Aksh, and stopped at me.

"Avantika Avasthi. I was coming for you, when this happened to me." He said in a low voice, sending shivers to my spine.

Before I could say, Aksh's stern voice echoed in the room.
"It's not what you think Mr. Brady, She's innocent."

Only if I was, as innocent as he thinks I am.

"I know she's innocent, and what happened to me wasn't any normal accident. It was a planned accident."

"WHAT!?" Aksh and I both almost yelled with shock visible on our face.

"Yes, while I was coming at your house, a car deliberately came from behind and clashed with me, resulting my car to loose it's balance and crash with a tree."

"Unfortunate of them that I'm alive." Mr. Brady said with half chuckle as he continued,
"But whoever it was, I'm sure they got the news that I'm arresting Avantika and they didn't -

"Wanted you to reach out to Avantika and find out the truth." Aksh completed the sentence with widened eyes.

"Yes. Which means they must've tried or may try in future to harm Avantika." Mr. Brady said while he looked at me with concerned.

"Babydoll, did you find something weird even for a second?" Concern was visible in Aksh's eyes too.

"No, except in that cafe- for a second I just felt weird, as if someone was looking at us but when I turned around to check, there was no one."

"Thats when Sarah came, right?" Aksh raised his eyebrow while his eyes darkened.

"Yaa but she's my friend."

"Avantika, I want you to tell me everything that happened that day. Please do not hide anything or make things complicated for yourself than it already is." Mr Brady commanded in a cold voice.

"Ok...um...I....Just give me a second, Please."

Bile arose in my throat as I recalled what had happened. Suddenly everything started becoming blurry.