TWENTY THREE

Start the chapter with a fresh mind!🤡

As I've revealed secrets in this one!😏

In case of confusion leave a message!🥰🥰

Tw: mention of blood, abuse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tw: mention of blood, abuse ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reached the apartment soon after receiving the message. I'm afraid of what will happen next. Can it get anymore worse? Yes. It can. 

Everyone is sitting in Mr Brady's apartment waiting for him to start his explanation. Aksh is sitting beside me filling the little spaces between my fingers, intertwining our hands. I'm glad that we are together in this otherwise it would've been hella difficult. 

"Ahem ahem" Mr Brady clears his throat, "First of all, I'm sorry that I had been lying to you all" He apologized sulking a little in his seat. Aksh's grip tightens on my hands subconsciously after his eyes gets red with anger. Why wouldn't he be angry? Afterall he was helping Mr. Brady so much only to find out that he lied? I rub my thumb on his hands, comforting him. He looked at me and sighed, relaxing his shoulders.

"I will be revealing a lot of things today, so I want y'all to co-operate with me without throwing tantrums." Mr Brady insisted, folding his hands across his chest. 

"Let me tell you guys a story." He added. 

"We aren't small kids coming to your nursery for you to recite a poem or tell us a story." Seb groaned, "Come straight to the point, sir." His respectful tone didn't exactly sound like one. 

"I would like it if no one interrupts me in between." Mr Brady chided, making Seb roll his eyes. 

"So, as I was saying" He started after taking a deep breath, "the story is of a small Indian family consisting of two people. A young girl and a boy- who got forcefully married by their parents. Not even one year had passed when the boy started abusing and hitting that girl to an extent that she had to get admitted in a hospital." My heart beats rose and I held Aksh's hand tightly at the mention of abuse and hitting. Why do people abuse and hit someone? 

"It's just a story, babydoll don't overreact by thinking much." Aksh whispered in my ears taking his hands back resting them on his laps, which made my frown deepen. What? He thinks I'm overreacting? What's with his mood swings? One time he wants to be all close and sticky and other moment he wants to stay distant?

I took my hand back that was still kept on the chair making me look like an idiot. I turned my gaze towards Mr. Brady continued, "After a year or two, the girl fell in love with another boy who had met her coincidentally in that hospital where she was admitted. After that meet-up in the hospital, they used to often meet in the park or at the grocery store." He let out a shaky breath after completing the sentences. "What are you trying to imply?" Sarah asked with a constant frown on her face. 

"I said. Don't. Interrupt. Me. Please." Mr Brady howled at Sarah which made her silent in an instant. "The boy fell first for the girl and soon after trying hard, he got the girl." A miniscule smile spread across his face show casing a small dimple on his left cheek. I glanced at Aksh only to find that he's listening too attentively without bothering of the thing that he did with me.