SEVEN

As soon as I entered inside my house I heard mom and dad's footsteps along with Aaira's

"Kaha reh gayi thi itni der se? Huh? Batake jaane hota nai hai? Classes bhi nahi gayi thi aaj..call aaya tha unn logo ka, kya bolti mai ki mujhe pata he nai hai meri beti kaha ghum rahi Hai?"

(Where were you from so long? Can't you inform us and leave? You didn't even went to your classes today. They called us to inform that you didn't went. What should I say that I don't know where my daughter is roaming?)

"Mom I had some work. I texted you that I will be late. And also I sended message with Aaira." I was startled by her sudden reaction so I kept my voice low.

I could see the worry in Aaira's eyes. And dad was agreeing to what mom was saying. That's what he usually does.

"So what? Firstly it's not safe that you roam whole day outside. You are an adult now atleast behave like one. You are still immature Avantika. I'm fed up of you. When will you grow up and become responsible? Don't you have any sense?

And secondly how can you be so irresponsible to not inform us that you didn't go to your classes plus sending a message with your sister. Can't you atleast give us a call?" Mom continued.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I don't want to cry infront of them.
"Mom I- I'm sorry. I'll be careful from next time onwards."

"Yes ofcourse, that's what you say everytime."

I did not answer her, I just nodded, and went straight to my room, locked the door and hugged my pillow tightly while crying-

Why is she not understanding, everytime she can't be right. Why can't she think that maybe there was a genuine problem. That I was in a genuine problem. They always behave like this, like I am still an irresponsible kid who is just immature. How can I be immature?

I texted her, I sended her a message along with Aaira but she was expecting a call..i should've called. But even I was in a messed up situation. Oh God! Why is everything so worse. So messed up.

My whole life is fucked up. Neither my parents are understanding, nor my problems are getting solved. They are just being added up. I don't even feel like eating anything now.

First Jay then Ranbir Khanna then the whole fiasco of me being a murderer and about Sophia's death and now this.

The only good thing right now is Him.
Only the mere thought of him brings a small smile on my face.

He believes in me. Atleast that's what he shows. Aksh is nice but I can't be addicted to him or expect anything from him.

Aaj he toh dost bana hai, bichare ko aaj se he pareshan thodi karugi. Maana ki 11 saal ki Avantika ko crush aagaya tha uspe, uski tareefe sunke par abh nahi ho sakta kuch bhi.

(We just became friends and I won't be bothering him from today itself. Agreed, that I had a crush on him when I was 11 years old but now nothing can happen between us.)