Chapter 7

Time seems to fly when you are preparing for so many things. The snow has begun to fall on the tops of the trees and plants.

I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to bring Alastair out to see the snow. As I arrived at his palace I ordered the servants to dress him in warm clothing.

"What will we be doing today, Your Majesty?" His feet slightly wobble like a penguins as we walk outside.

"I wanted to see the snow falling with you." I say, walking in front of him.

"But the snow is cold." He mumbles, imprinting footprints in the snow.

"It may be cold but it can be fun." I look around the courtyard with my hands on my hips. "How about we try making a snowman?" I look back to him.

"What is a snowman?"

I guess this world doesn't have things like that.

"It is exactly as it sounds. A man made of snow. You start my gathering snow into a ball, like this." I shovel some snow with my hands, shaping it into a ball. "And then you roll it in the snow." I demonstrated the process.

He watches carefully, taking in each instruction.

Though it was cold outside, the atmosphere was warm. I love spending these moments with Alastair. In my previous life, I was an orphan with no children. But I grew up around smaller kids that I thought of as family.

Children are precious and I want every single one to be happy. Though it is impossible, I can start with Alastair and make my way from there.

"Now you have to place the nose to finish it." I instruct, handing him a thicker, sharper stick.

"It really is a man made of snow." He giggles, placing the nose. "Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Anything for you, my prince." I look around the courtyard once more. "Would you like me to show you something else?"

He nods his head furiously which I chuckle at.

"It's called a snowball fight." I grab a ball of snow.

As gently as I can, I toss it at him, which he blocks with his hands.

He looks surprised at first. "A snowball fight?"

He reaches towards the ground, grasping the white fluffy substance.

"Are you sure I can hit you?" He voices his worry.

"Yes, now throw it at me," I nod.

After a few minutes he gets the hang of it, a smile forming on his face as he tries to avoid one of my attacks.

As he aims for me, I don't feel the impact on my body. I open my eyes to look at Alastair to find him curled on the snowy floor.

"Your Highness!" I rush towards him. "Prince Alastair? What's wrong?" I kneel down next to his shaking body.

Shadows surfaced from his body as his curse mark seemed to shine.

"Your Majesty, stay away from me!" He manages to say.

His curse is appearing, the pain he is in right now is unbearable to watch. What do I do? I can't leave him here.

"It's alright, Your Highness." I comfort him and pick him off the ground.

He buries his face in my chest as I rush to the palace. "You shouldn't—"

My weeping face is taken in by the servants as I burst through the doors. "Please help. He is in so much pain."