Chapter 13

After that day, time seemed to pass slower. I was now sitting in Alastair's study, where Count Keaton began his first lesson.

I decided to join just to see how it would go, embroidering a dragon on a scarf.

"I never knew that!" Alastair exclaims as Count Keaton says another interesting fact about our country.

"Yes, it's true. Osertia is our neighboring whose current king used to be dear friends with your father. But friendships don't always last," Count Keaton explains.

"Do you know what happened?" Alastair's curiosity hits my ears.

"Sadly, I don't. It would be a question to ask His Majesty."

They used to be friends? I don't think I heard about that in the book. All I know is that the king of Osertia was used as a puppet king.

The nobles in Osertia conspired with my father to bring the kingdoms together. It was a setup in order to settle who can be king.

In the end, Alastair defeated the nobles and those who rose against him. Osertia fell at his hands, in the end he formed the two kingdoms into an empire because he couldn't leave the people of Osertia to fend for themselves.

"Alastair, your sword training is next. You wouldn't want to be late." I call to him.

"Oh yes! Thank you for your time, Count Keaton." Alastair says before running off, leaving me in the room with the count.

"You did a splendid job, Count. I even learned something's myself." I say as I approach him.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. If it was not for you I wouldn't have had this opportunity." The sides of his mouth lift slightly.

"How about we go on a walk? The weather is getting warmer and the flowers are being to bloom." I suggest walking towards the door.

He follows behind me, syncing his steps.

"The Star Palace is truly beautiful, Your Majesty. I heard that you were the one to design some of its parts."

"I did. I thought it would bring more life to the prince's home." My heels tap the concrete pathway of the palace.

"Have you ever tried designing a store or any other building?"

"No, this was my first time. With all that's been happening His Majesty has been too focused on preventing a war that the prince has become lonely. I wanted to cheer him up."

"You are a great mother to the prince and our kingdom." Count Keaton compliments me.

"You flatter me too much."

The count pauses for a moment. "If it isn't too much to ask. May I know why Your Majesty doesn't go outside or join any parties? It has been almost a year since you've gotten married."

I take a moment to comprehend his question. I haven't been to parties so I wouldn't fall into the previous Estella's traps. To avoid any suspicion and my family.

"I wanted to take a break from them, to focus on my new family. By the time I did that I was too busy preparing for the ball." I answer carefully.

"I see. Does that mean you are willing to go out now? I was wondering if Your Majesty would join me at an auction, it's more of a bazaar. Where items are submitted anonymously and are auctioned off to the highest bidder." He explains his point as he looks at the green field in the back of the garden.

"You would like me to enter a bazaar?" I give him an odd look.

"It was just a suggestion. Your Majesty is skilled in the arts so I assumed that Your Majesty would enjoy it." He rubs the back of his neck.