Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - A)

Please be generous with your response and I will post the Part B asap.

I was in Shirdi and busy touring around the city!! Sorry for the lack of response from my end.

I will find time and respond to every comment pretty soon.

Happy Reading!!

Lots of love!!
Manisha Krishna!!

At Birla House:

Abhir was doing his assignment at the dining table while Manjari was in the kitchen instructing the staff about something. Abhimanyu and Anahita walked in. Abhir, who was so engrossed in his work, totally missed hearing the car honk. He looked up and was about to greet them when Abhimanyu gave him a look. 

"Abhir! Dining table pe assignment..." He would have continued but Manjari didn't let him.

"Maine kaha ise yahi per kaam karne keliye. Mujhe company chahiye tha. Tum sab toh jab jee chahe aate jaate rehte ho. Yehi mera Bacha mere saath time spend karta hain. Khabardar ise kuch bhi kaha toh" Manjari warned Abhimanyu making him shut up at once.

Abhir and Anahita laughed their hearts out and high fived each other. Manjari was the only one who did that with Abhimanyu and whenever that happened, everyone in the family enjoyed him getting schooled. They would also mercilessly tease him until he gets riled up and warns them. Abhimanyu was mentally preparing himself for all the exaggerated narratives and impending teasing sessions that were sure to follow once the news spreads. 

He saw Abhir and Anahita still giggling at something even after a good 5 minutes. Manjari finally came out of the kitchen and handed Abhir a plate of bread pakodas. Abhimanyu cringed at that and was just hating his predicament. One word from his mouth and his mother will berate him again for no fault of his. So, he decided to stay quiet. Anahita's eyes glinted with mischief. She grabbed a bread pakoda and offered Abhimanyu who didn't reach for it.

Instead, he shot her a glare which she royally ignored. She went on praising the taste of the pakoda and encouraged Abhir to eat one more when he said he had his fill. Abhimanyu's patience was running thin when Manjari asked,

"Anu! Yeh Rohan kab tak ghumta phirega? Kitne din ki trip hain?" Anahita smiled and responded dramatically, 

"Kyun Maa? Aap chahti hain ki main chali jaon?" Manjari whacked her and said, 

"Nautanki mat kar. Maine toh hamesha kaha hain ki tum donon yahi reh jao. But tum donon ko hi privacy chahiye thi. Tumhare darshan toh ho rahe hain but Rohan ko mile hue kitne din hogaye. 

Bechara Bacha, sabse door rehke kaam karta rehta hain. Uski yaad aagayi mujhe toh tu seedha jawaab nahi de sakti?" Manjari sounded rather annoyed. 

Abhimanyu and Abhir shared a look as they figured out that Manjari might have had a rough day and before they could warn Anahita, she spoke again. 

"Maa! Aap bhul rahi hain ki kanyadan aapne mera kiya hain. Aap kya hamesha us Rohan ki side lethe rehte ho?" She whined.

"Kyunki woh samajhdaar Bacha hain mera. 

Na zyada gussa karta hain, na zyada nautanki karta hain aur nahi zyada pareshan karta hain. Tum teenon ki tarah" She snickered looking at Abhimanyu, Anahita and Neil. 

That's when they realized that Neil and Roohi have arrived. Roohi immediately hugged Manjari to calm her down. Neil went closer to Anahita and asked, 

"Anu! Gussa definitely Bhai keliye bola jo bilkul galat hain. Rohan Bhai ka gussa toh Bhai se bhi zyada hain." Neil whispered.