Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - A)

It's a longish chapter. I have finished writing the next one too. I am yet to edit it. 

Is response ke saath regularly update dena tough hain. But I am trying! 35 votes on each chapter weren't much of an ask. Or was it?

Enjoy the read!

At Birla Constructions, Neil's Cabin:

"Dr.Birla is the victim here.He needs you. Please stay back."

Neil's eyes blazed at that statement. He didn't know what was angering him, but he was fuming. He was respectfully minding his business and walking away but she stopped him. Now, that she stopped him already, there was no more stopping him. He lashed out,

"Excuse me ma'am! Aap apni theories please apne tak rakhiye. Mujhe nahi jaan na hain kuch bhi. Mere Bhaiyya ke saath dhoka hua hain. He fell for the wrong girl aur woh regret hi karte aaye hain. 

Woh victim hain per us hisab se nahi jaise aap bol rahi hain. Aisa ho hi nahi sakta. Woh koi apni abuser se pyaar vyaar nahi karte. Aisa hota toh woh Dad ko kabka apna lete. 

This theory is bogus. Waise bhi I don't believe in all this." Neil rubbished everything. 

"# A sense of dependency on abuser

  # Difficulty leaving the relationship or coming back to normalcy after leaving

  # Defending the abusers even after getting abused

  # Loving the abuser inspite of abuse, having an emotional connect with the abuser

  # Minimizing or denying the severity of the abuse. 

Yeh kuch symptoms hain Stockholm Syndrome ke. Kya tumne kabhi apne Bhaiyya mein yeh sab notice kiya hain? Sab nahi toh kam se kam 2 - 3 symptoms notice kiya hain? 

Kya woh aisa karte hain Neil? I need to know." Divyanka's tone was curt and sharp which forced Neil to listen to her and even nod in confirmation. 

"Words would help me better Neil" She probed. 

Neil looked up with tear filled eyes. It was all too much for him to take. Just knowing the extent of abuse his brother might have gone through and how he was still dealing with the repercussions was breaking him. 

Rohan observed Neil and held him in a side hug. He wished he didn't get Neil along with him, but Divyanka requested for his presence, and he couldn't deny her. Especially when Neil will be the one travelling to Mumbai with Abhimanyu.

If Rohan had a tiny clue what she was planning to discuss, he wouldn't have got Neil there. Neil was not just the brother, he is Abhimanyu's first born, his son. It won't be easy for Neil to accept that he was oblivious to his sufferings for so long. 

But Neil schooled his emotions and posed another question. He wanted to be sure before accepting the theory as truth.