Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - A)

In Abhir's Room:

Neil and Abhimanyu didn't look convinced, and Roohi tried again. 

"I know aap donon kya soch rahe ho. Yeh reality show hi bahut badi headache hain apne aap mein aur uper se Akshara ma'am hongi wahan. Aap mereliye worried ho rahe ho. I get it. History hi aisi rahi hain meri. 

Jahan tak mujhe yaad hain, do baar unse theek se mili main aaj tak aur donon hi baar bahut hurt hui hoon. Mere saath aap sab bhi hurt hue. Aapka worried hona jayaz hain. But ek baar meri point of view se sochke dekho na please." Roohi requested. 

"Kya hain woh point of view? Jo ab tak maine suna, I am not convinced by it. So, choose your words wisely. Is mamle mein meri patience zara kam hain" Neil spoke firmly.

All of them could see the change in Neil and his body language whenever the topic of Akshara pops up. He looks a lot less approachable and a tad bit more aggressive in those situations. Because the kids weren't so used to this side of his, he looked rather intimidating to them when he puts on that attitude. 

If Abhimanyu watches his words with Neil when he is in that zone, the kids will naturally feel that way about Neil's protective instincts and stance. That aura screamed respect. It is so amazing that Roohi didn't turn to Abhimanyu to try and convince him first because that would have been easier, from the looks of it.

Roohi respected her Chachu enough to not dodge him. So, Roohi gave her Chachu's words a thought, for about a minute and spoke confidently.

"Chachu! Aap sab ne unke saath time spend kiya hain. All of you have a backstory with her. No matter how that ended but you all had one. Aapki apni experience hain, opinions hain aur feelings hain. 

Mera kya? Jab bhi mili hoon, galat time pe, vulnerable situation mein hi mili hoon. Pehla encounter tab ka tha jab main guilty thi of acting out on my jealousy. It ended badly. Iss baar bhi main bahut pareshan thi for the stunt I pulled.

I froze on the stage for 5 minutes and I got insulted. It again ended badly. Maine kabhi apne poore hosh mein unse interact hi nahi kiya hain. I have never been my confident self around her.

Mere jo bhi opinions the woh aap logon ki experiences pe based hain. They keep changing as I get to discover new things about her from you guys. Jaise ki aaj. Mujhe aaj hi pata chala how she behaved with Abhir jab woh itna chota tha. I had no clue. 

Shayad yeh sab pata hota mujhe toh main utna bada step nahi leti. Utni bhi expectation unse nahi rakhti na?" Roohi elaborately explained her stand. 

"Agar aapko chahiye ki aapko unke bare mein poori sachayi batayi jaaye, toh I am ready to disclose all the details I know of her. Good, bad, ugly, all alike. Uskeliye aapko wahan jane ki zarurat nahi hain." Neil cut her off not very gently. 

Abhimanyu was about to intervene, but Roohi hugged Neil to calm his fears down. She knew how her Chachu's mind operated. He got rude and defensive only when something bothered him a lot. Neil let her seek comfort, but it was him who was in need of it.