Chapter - 13: Motherly Concern (Part - A)

Whoever didn't get the notification for the earlier chapter, kindly check it out before you read this.

Please vote for that if you haven't already. 

That has been a very interesting chapter to write and the song has been one of my favourites for a long time. Please listen to it if you haven't.

This Chapter has 3 parts. Very deep. Very heavy. Veru crucial. It answers a lot of questions. 

Happy reading!

Next part after a decent response.

Thank you!

In Manjari's Room:

Manjari Birla is the HEART of the Birla household and the sole reason why the Birlas have the lifestyle that they do. She had relentlessly catered to all their needs without a single complaint. In the age of sitting back and relaxing, she had to run the house again and shoulder responsibilities at a time when they had a sizeable financial crunch. 

Starting from scratch after reaching a significant stage in career, comes at a price that often transcends from professional to personal life. Manjari has been rather simple all her life, but she had a privileged lifestyle always. Being simple was her choice and never a necessity until then. 

When times of necessity knocked the door, she stood there firm and made sure that managing the house in comparatively limited funds never became an issue to worry. She gave Abhimanyu the time and cushion to find his feet and turn the tide in his favour which he eventually did. A lot of credit has to go to Manjari for that. 

Instead of enjoying the perks of being a grandmother, she had to take care of Roohi and parent her in Abhimanyu's absence due to professional commitments. Manjari did all of that willingly and out of choice, care and love defying the challenges that came with age and generation gap. 

But all of that required a lot of effort and she put in her 100 percent and even more at times, without caring for herself. Only after the kids really grew up, she found the leisure time that she enjoys today. 

Manjari's efforts can't be explained in words. They are much beyond that. Trying to encapsulate them will be an insult to her contribution. But the catch here is, even if she didn't do any of the above, the respect her kids had for her wouldn't reduce even by an ounce. That's the beauty of the Birla boys and how they are wired. 

Manjari was also very aware of the fact that she had nothing to prove to her sons. They have accepted her after biggest of her follies that created a mayhem in their lives, but they still stood by her and help her rebuild. Her kids became instrumental in her having her love story at such a juncture of life. 

Both her kids didn't judge her or her decision to be with Harsh after all the efforts he had put in. All they wanted was her happiness and they held back their resentment for her. They gave her all the respect, care and loved her to moon and back. Her boys knew how exactly to treat a woman right. She was extremely proud of the men they have become

But, if they turned out any different, any less caring and less accepting, she would still love them the same. Her love for her kids is unconditional and that germ has passed on to Abhimanyu as a part of inheritance.