Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - A)

Sorry for the delay guys! But I made the chapter longer!!

Please give me feedback. It is rather helpful!!

At The Pool Area, Birla House:

Roohi was on a phone call with Soha for the past 40 minutes and she was feeling much better after that. Soha found her stand correct and Roohi took it as a positive sign. She really hoped that her Chachu would come around and give in to her request. But until he says something, she can't even make an educated guess. 

Initially she wanted to go meet him and try convincing him again because she hated the waiting game but stopped herself when she saw him enter her father's room. She was getting worked up, so she called up Soha and her best friend helped her ease out.

Roohi rushed into her room right after the call and pulled out her favourite guitar which was gifted by her father. She remembered taking his autograph on it before her first big performance on stage during school days because he was going to miss the performance. 

There was a critical transplant surgery scheduled and he had no way out of it. Roohi was disappointed and she even threw a tantrum. She refused to perform if he failed to attend her function. Abhimanyu had to grovel, plead and coax her for hours to convince her of the importance of his presence during the surgery and explain her how important his part in it was. 

He made it a point to remind her how saving a life should always be prioritized come what may. Roohi knew it all, but she just didn't have the heart to perform with that disappointment. It was her first performance for heaven's sake. Abhimanyu understood her state and he approved of her disappointment which is why he put in those hours patiently to appease her.

Roohi saw how sad her father was to miss her first stage show. So, she eventually came around and only then he presented her with the gift he got for her first performance. Abhimanyu was strictly against the concept of bribing the kids to get them to comply. 

Abhimanyu believed that bribing encourages the give and take concept in kids. Without them understanding the depth of it, he refused to expose them to a complicated concept like that. It was complicated at least in his mind.

When children resort to making deals with parents, the parents are always at an advantage. It can never be a level playing field and the kids will be tricked into doing the bidding against their wish more often than not, in the hope to get something they want.  He found that unfair.

That was the law of nature, but the intention didn't echo with Abhimanyu's philosophy about a parent-child dynamic. He wouldn't approve his kids trying to cut deals instead of arguing, reasoning out or trying to convince him, every time they want something. Not when it starts looking like an easier and fool proof alternative. There shouldn't be a shortcut to it. This was not business after all. 

He would rather have his children succumb to love and emotions over succumbing to better prospects when they end up adhering his words. They shouldn't be needing an incentive to do that. The trust they have on their father, to know what is best for them, much better than them should be the driving factor.  

Not the scope of getting a compensation for complying.  

Abhimanyu would definitely find a way to reward them for their understanding and acceptance but would never let them know what made that possible. Not until they grew up enough to understand why the give and take policy can be tricky.