Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - A)

Namastey everyone! 

This is one of the crucial parts of the story. Please show some love.

I hope that it lives up to the expectations and more.

I shall await your feedback.

Thank you!

Best

Manisha Krishna

In The Living Room, Birla House:

Roohi spoke immediately, "Kya bol raha hain Abhir?" 

Abhir's eyes were still blazing in anger when he spoke, 

"Sach hi bol raha hoon Di!  Woh sach jo aap sab mujhse chupane ki koshish kar rahe ho. 

Papa mujhse kuch nahi kehte unke bare mein. Aap unki wajah se kitna hurt hoti rehti ho per kabhi nahi bolti. 

Main itna gussa kar raha tha aap pe jabki aapne sab mereliye kiya tha. Aap ne tab bhi mujhe nahi bataya. 

Chachu ko woh bilkul pasand nahi hain phir bhi mujhe unke khilaaf kuch bhi bolne se roklete hain." Abhir ranted as he shot Neil a pointed look. 

Abhimanyu looked at Neil and he shrugged. Abhimanyu didn't have any idea that Neil was doing something like that. Neil had won him over all over again. But that wasn't the time for this. 

"Birla Boy! Tu abhi gusse mein hain. Baad mein tu khud hi guilty feel karega. Hum mein se koi nahin chahta hai ki tu aisa kuch bhi feel karein. Isliye avoid karte hain. Nothing else."

Roohi was being honest and even Abhir knew that. They didn't have many secrets and it was with Roohi that he occasionally ended up ranting about Akshara because no one else entertained that. 

He consciously stopped doing that because he didn't want to remind Roohi of Akshara but if he didn't, she would have really understood his pain and frustration. She wouldn't really go to lengths to save Akshara's respect because she had enough beef with Akshara herself. 

His problem wasn't even his Chachu because he knew that his Chachu was doing it for his father. So that brings back to pressure point number one which is his father, Dr.Abhimanyu Birla. 

He just refuses to let him disrespect or hate his mother. She has done him so wrong, and he still strives to maintain her respect in his eyes. Abhir actually fell for that and even dreamt of co-existing with her but things that transpired over the past month and a half just opened his eyes.

He could no longer ignore the pain in his father's eyes every time he comes back from therapy. He can no longer agree to his father's theories about his mother having her own reasons for doing what she did, which may be, were unknown to them.