Helaena Targaryen

"Welcome Lord Stark and Princess Helaena." A squire greeted as soon as they arrived at the Red Keep. Gods, she missed it here.

"Grand Maester Pycelle has called a meeting of the small council." The squire said, noticing the bad mood Ned wore on his face, clear as day. "The honor of your presences is requested.

"Get the girls settled in, I'll be back in time for supper." Ned told Jory and the girls' Septa.

"Yes, my lord."

"If you'd like to change into something more appropriate.." The squire trailed off, unsure.

Ned just glared at him as he took off his gloves. Without another word, they headed into the small council chamber, Helaena walking ahead as she's their cup bearer.

"It's a welcome sight to see you back in King's Landing, my Princess." Lord Varys greeted with a smile. Helaena couldn't help but smile back, "Thank you, my Lord."

"I must speak with you after this meeting." Helaena said to Varys discreetly in a low tone of voice as she got ready to pour the Lords their wine.

"Did something happen on the way to King's Landing?" Little Finger asked curious for gossip.

"Far too much than necessary." Helaena sighed.

"Lord Stark." Varys stood up to greet the Hand

"Lord Varys." Ned stated, shaking his hand.

"I was grieviously sorry to hear of your troubles on the Kingsroad. We are all praying for Prince Joffrey's full recovery" Varys said.

"A shame you didn't say a prayer for the butcher's son." Ned said bitterly.

"Renly!" He greeted the King's brother. "You're looking well."

"And you look tired from the road. I told them this meeting could wait another day but-" Renly was cut off rudely.

"But we have a Kingdom to look after." Lord Baelish stated, "I've hoped to meet you for some time my Lord. No doubt Lady Catelyn has mentioned me."

"She has, Lord Baelish." Ned said as he sat down at the table. "I understand you knew my brother Brandon as well."

"All too well. I still carry a token of his esteem, from navel to collarbone." Baelish said with a bitter smirk.

"Perhaps you chose the wrong man to duel with." Ned simply spoke, irritated.

"It wasn't the man I chose, my Lord. It was Catelyn Tully. A woman worth fighting for, I'm sure you'll agree." 

"Awkward....." Helaena spoke out, desperately wanting to change the topic.

"I humbly beg your Pardon, Lord Stark." Maester Pycelle now spoke.

"Grand Maester."

"How many years has it been?" The old Maester asked. "You were a young man."

"And you served another King."

A short awkward silence until Pycelle remembered, "Oh, how forgetful of me. This belongs to you now." He handed him the pin of the King's Hand. "Should we begin?"

"Without the King?" Ned asked surprised.

"Winter may be coming, but I'm afraid the same cannot be said for my brother." Renly said as everyone sat down in their respective seats and Helaena began pouring them their wine.

Varys cleared his throat, "His Grace has many cares, he entrusts some small matters to us that we might lighten the load."

"We are the Lords of small matters here." No one laughed at Little Finger's joke.