The Pointy End

It was a blood bath.  Every Lannister men in the Red Keep was ordered to kill anyone who was allied with the Starks, Their Guards, Septa Mordane, and everyone else who came with from the North.

"Is this really necessary, my love?" Helaena asked Joffrey, who sat and ate his lunch, taking a sip of wine.

"Of course it was." Joffrey answered casually.

"It just doesn't feel right spilling blood after your Father's death. Sure, Ned Stark deserved to get locked up because of his treason and all, but-"

"But?" Joffrey raised his eyebrows. "My people- the Seven Kingdoms need to learn to fear me, The King. Otherwise I won't be taken seriously at all."

"You will be taken seriously!" Helaena sighed, "Ruling only with fear will result in your people hating and rebelling against you, and soon enough it'll be your head on a spike, not theirs. You need them to love and adore you, Joff."

"That's why I have you. I love you and so do the people."

Helaena had to admit, it warmed her heart quite a bit, but now was not the time to be swarming over prince Charming.

"I'll spare the Stark girls. Ned, I can't promise you. His men however, need to die. I don't need them killing us instead." Joffrey explained. "I know you have a fondness for Sansa and Arya, I will never understand it, but I'll respect it. I'll order my men to let them live, so don't worry your pretty silver little head. We need them as hostages anyway."

Helaena sighed, but said nothing. As long as she could keep them alive, her mind would be at some ease. Unfortunately for Ned Stark though, he's a dead man already, rotting away in the cells.

After his sentencing, the Princess ordered her trusted and loyal friend Varys to bring the Lord some water, since prisoners were known to die of thirst in those cells. Helaena could only imagine how frustrated he must feel and as much as she hated it, she was currently powerless.

"It pains me to see you so upset, my sweet but I can't understand why you feel so sentimental towards traitors." Joffrey spoke, gently cupping her cheek.

"I suppose I'm just an empath, my love. Feeling their sorrow as their family gets torn apart.."

"You're too good for the realm." He sighed, deep blue eyes admiring the purple ones. "Other families shouldn't matter though. We'll make a family of our own once we're husband and wife and no one shall tear us down, especially you. The first Targaryen with a Dragon by her side hasn't been seen in centuries. We will conquer them all."

~Meant to Burn Together~

Queen Cersei summoned Helaena, Lord Varys, Lord Baelish and Maester Pycelle along with the traitor's daughter, Sansa, to her chambers.

There, Helaena was informed that Arya had managed to escape even Vary's little birds couldn't find anything.

"Your father has proved to be an awful traitor, dear." Varys told Sansa.

"King Robert's body was still warm when Lord Eddard began plotting to steal Joffrey's rightful Throne." Pycelle added.

"He wouldn't do that." Sansa said, not believing her father would do such a thing. "He knows how much I love Joffrey, he wouldn't. Please your Grace, there must have been a mistake. Send for my father- he'll tell you. He was the King's friend."

"Sansa sweetling, you are innocent of any wrong, we know that. Yet you are the daughter of a traitor and thus cannot marry the King, Helaena will. We'll find someone else for you."