12.Baby sister

Authors pov

Srida is sitting on the corner table of the cafeteria enjoying the shining sun rays making her face glow in golden shade and drowned in her fictional world reading a book and seems like she doesn't know anyone here the way she is reading .

Kavish saw her and approached her table and sat on the chair in front of her ,but she didn't even budge that someone was there in her proximity and finally kavish cleared his throat to get her attention and she startled because of the sudden presence of someone.

" Oh god kavish Bhai you just scared me " Srida said and noticed another presence of someone staring at her with keen interest .

" You didn't even notice me , so I did this to get your attention" He said innocently.

" You could have just called me" She said .

" That's not my style" he said with a proud grin .

" By the way ,where is your other half " He asked while scratching his neck and not making eye contact with her .

" I guess you know this way better than me " She teased him.

" How would I know where she is" he said .

" Oh really , but now I know why I'm your baby  sister only  but not Kanvi " she mocked him .

" What are you trying to say exactly " he asked.

" I'm just saying that Kanvi can also be your baby sister " She said.

" But I don't need  two baby sisters " He said to justify his point.

" In this case , Kanvi can be your baby sister and we can have something-" she stopped there and unknowingly glanced at him  and saw a glimmer of jealousy and rage for micro seconds before he was masked again to stoic expression.

" Continue baby sister" Kavish said this time .

" Uhmm nothing , oh I'm going to get my order please make yourself comfortable and Kanvi went to her professor for some assignment or something" She said and quickly ran to the counter .

She was waiting for her order just then Vidharth  came and stood beside her and ordered something . He didn't try to initiate any conversation nor did she do. They both stayed there for a good 10 minutes but no one said anything. Srida's order came and she moved back to leave but before that he said.

" Meet me in the garden at sharp 2.00 pm alone , don't be   late cupcake , I'll wait for you "

She just Froze there and saw his retreating figure without even realizing that he got his coffee already and he exited the cafe like that.

" Srida ,what are you doing there ,come fast " Kavish said in a loud voice 

She moved to her table and sat on her seat .

" Uhmm , nothing I was thinking something " She lied.

" Ohh okay , actually I have to leave we have an urgent lecture , I came here to meet both of you but never mind "He said in a hurry and got up to leave.

" Okay then , bye . Have a good day "she absentmindedly said.

" Bye baby sister " He said with his charming smile which made her smile  as well.

                  --------------------

Srida's pov

I am contemplating whether to go or not . After that freshers party ball dance and his sudden performance, unintentionally there is something which is connected to him and I can't figure it out and he himself initiated for a talk this time I can't just reject and don't want to lose that offer .