3

OLIVIA POV

Mate.... mate... mate...mate....

My wolf purred in my mind as I stared at Alpha Alexander.

He is over 6'5" with short black hair and bright green eyes. His strong jawline has some scruff that looks like it is kept tidy which I definitely appreciate. Even the plain black t shirt and jeans he wore made him look like a celebrity.

He is more than handsome.  He's a Greek god.

The smell of a thunderstorm wafted toward me when he approached, electric and impulsive like a downpour that surprises you on a Summer evening.

I tried to catch my breath then noticed Shaylene wrap herself around him before I could even say Hi.

Oh... okay...

My flight reflex took over as I stood from my seat then darted through the dining room tables, quickly heading outside and taking off my shirt so I could shift more quickly.

I need to get out. I need to run. I need to...

"LIV!!"  I heard Cal scream as I started to race away but did not stop. After stripping once I made it into the woods and shifted, releasing a loud howl while racing north toward a lake I knew was in the territory.

Callum mind linked me and I told him I needed space, but would not be too long. 

He knows me well enough to allow privacy right now.

Running in an unfamiliar area when night falls is not my favorite thing to do but I can't fight the impulse to get as far away as I can for the moment.

Kara linked me as well to see if I was okay and tried to reassure me that it was a misunderstanding but I couldn't stop my heart from breaking. Even if Shaylene is not their Luna, clearly she is comfortable enough with the Alpha to be affectionate in the middle of their pack during dinner.  It's one thing to have brief contact in private, like John hugging me earlier, but this is a clear sign of marking territory.

I finally stopped under an oak tree at the side of the lake and stared out as the sun set over the mountains.  This pack is located in a gorgeous area and my heart ached when I thought about what this meant.

My fated mate is an Alpha.

I really am a born Luna.  It's something I had been told my whole life, but never really believed.  Leading a pack is quite the undertaking so it was important for the Alpha and Luna to be a strong team. Their bond is even more intense than most wolves, allowing them to grow close more quickly so there is an easier transition into leadership.

How could I trust a man that has someone else on his arm?  Who allows her to disrespect him in such a way while his pack watches on?

That's without even considering that Alpha is already a Dad.

Willow is absolutely adorable. John brought her to us when I was chatting with Meg and Kara before dinner. She was shy at first but quickly began filling me in on how much she loves cookies and that her favorite color is purple.

Kara was surprised she was so talkative with someone new but I reasoned that getting older means the toddler will evolve in social milestones as well as physical.

It made sense at the time, but now...

My Dad approached, his giant gray wolf stopping next to me as I laid with my paws crossed under my head.

"I am so sorry, doll," he said through our mind link.

I nodded sadly, "Even if it's a lie, why would she think it was okay to do that in public unless..."