22

OLIVIA POV

We chatted by the lake for another half hour until Willow woke up and excitedly dragged Violet and Silas into our home for a tour.  Alex and I couldn't stop laughing at her enthusiasm.  The sweet toddler was immediately comfortable with Violet, especially when my friend mentioned swim lessons.

Silas is already head over heels for Vi.  I overheard him chatting with Alex, expressing how incredible it is to have your mate finally in your arms.  My mate caught my eye as they spoke and I could feel our connection burn brighter as he shared about how happy he is.

How happy we both are.

Cal and Meg joined us for a bit and the guys worked out a schedule to staff the dungeon along with a few other warriors that are able to help.  I was anxious about dealing with the traitors but for the moment needed to set that aside.

Right now it's more important to prepare for Kara's party.

Originally she considered doing a fancy dinner with plated meals and candlelight but that changed into a cookout a couple months ago.  Kara wanted to keep things casual, especially since she is not used to being in the spotlight.  Bonnie is already busy preparing cookies and brownies as well as various sides, excited to create the right atmosphere for such an important event.

We spent Monday morning at training while Kara had some time with Willow.  Violet hung out with them so she could sleep in then they joined us towards the end of our session.  After enjoying lunch at the pack house we took Willow home for nap time.  Alex and I had the chance to relax as well as prepare a bit for our surprise we planned for Kara. By the time our little girl was awake she could not wait to help with decorations.

On Monday night the kitchen staff made the birthday girls favorite meal, chicken parmesan with a pasta bar.  We had allied pack Alpha's and Luna's that began showing up that afternoon so I spent a few hours after Willow's nap helping people get settled into their rooms as well as giving easy tours to the gym and training grounds.  Alex and I were like ships passing in the night but somehow he found a way to pull me into his office for a hot make out session between visitor arrivals.

I made sure he knew that I was always willing to have alone time with him.  No matter how busy we are, I want to protect the connection we are continuing to build. 

Alpha Elliot arrived just before dinner and broke into a big grin when he saw me.  I told him a couple days ago that Alex is my mate to make sure everything was not awkward but I should have never been worried.  He's a good man and congratulated both of us, excited for the cookout on Tuesday night.

Callum ran out to get a sheet cake and ice cream then after dinner on Monday we had a few people over to relax.  Kara was thrilled with our little get together, especially when Willow loudly told everyone she helped with the streamers decorating our living room.  We invited the leadership team as well as my Dad and Bonnie, plus Alpha Elliot and a few other leadership wolves we knew as friends. 

John was guarding the dungeon and apologized to Kara for not being able to join but naturally she understood.  She was a bit bummed that he wasn't around while we played Charades and but stayed in the moment with our group.  Willow got to go to bed late and insisted Kara tuck her in so they slipped upstairs while I grabbed another beer.

"When will he be here?" Meg asked quietly while choosing a sparkling water from the fridge.

"Patrick is going to handle the dungeon overnight with my Dad's help so John plans to be here as close to midnight as possible."

She grinned, looking around while her hand rested on her pregnant belly.  "This place already feels like home.  Cal and I are going to look at houses once baby boy is here so I'll definitely need your help getting settled."