20

OLIVIA POV

"Whoaaaa....' Willow and Kara said in unison as I opened our new waffle iron to show the first golden brown waffle made in our new home.

I chuckled at their wide eyed expressions and set the pastry on a plate while Alex secured Willow in her booster chair at the counter. Once a second waffle was cooking we each took a couple bites with butter and maple syrup, happily enjoying the fruits of our labor. I cut up a watermelon before John and Kara arrived, giving us something to snack on while we got the rest of the meal going.

Last night was amazing.

Alex and I have always had a strong connection, even though everything was disjointed when I arrived. Now that we are marked it is even stronger. I was always worried that I would not be enough for my mate, but that is no longer a concern. My Alpha has brought out a more playful and assertive side of my personality that is rarely uncovered.

Now all I want is more time alone, but first... waffles.

"So, what's the plan for today?" John asked, grabbing a piece of bacon while we waited for more waffles to cook.  It was finally cool, though Alex tried to eat a piece while it was still sizzling.

Dumbass.

"Just getting things settled here, then we will meet Violet at the pack house when she arrives at about lunch time," Alex said while refilling his and John's coffee.

My eyes raked over my mate, knowing just what is under the basketball shorts and soft black shirt he is wearing.

Yep.  Greek god.

Kara grinned, "So you're not having me take Willow this morning so you get alone time together?"

I felt myself blush and snapped out of my staring which caused John and Kara to crack up laughing. "It's so much fun to tease you, Kiddo," John said, shaking his head.

I continued adding batter to the iron as each waffle finished cooking, chatting with our guests while we enjoyed a casual breakfast. Willow ate more than I expected but it is gratifying to feel so comfortable in our home. Alex has made me feel welcome since the moment we arrived here after he announced I was his mate to our pack. He showed endless excitement at every appliance and utensil I chose on Amazon plus spent longer than I would have thought adding to the grocery order.

Having free reign on everything in our space is liberating.

I helped Willow tuck a few toys, change of clothes, and her favorite lavender blanket in her backpack before she headed out with Kara. "You excited, Princess?" I asked while kneeling in front of the sweet girl.

She nodded, "I play KayKay and Uncle John then see Daddy and Mama and picnic!"

My brain short circuited at her words as I heard Alex approach behind us. "That's right, little one. You're going to have so much fun this morning then Miss Bonnie will help us get a picnic that Miss Violet will share. We can bring her back here to see our house, too."

His voice was calm and almost amused while I wasn't sure how to respond.

"Livvy?" Alex's voice was soft as he reached down to help me stand. "You okay?"

I nodded, "I just... I guess didn't expect that so soon."

Willow let out a huff and crossed her arms. "We go now, Mama?"

"Yeah, it's time to get going now."

Kara and John headed back to the pack house with an excited Willow in tow. She was chattering on about her new room and new house and how she helped make cookies and waffles already. The excitement is infectious, though I know Alex and I would be just as hyped without a little one to set the tone.