24

ALEXANDER POV

I paced the floor of Liv's office and can feel how focused she is through our mate bond.

This is more stressful than I remember.

Willow is fast asleep on the couch, barely waking up when I followed my mate to the hospital at 3 am the day after Kara's birthday.  Callum mind linked her that Meg's water broke so she threw on clothes then grabbed her backpack and was out the door before I even realized what was going on.

It has been incredible to see.  Liv is passionate about being a midwife, especially when she is able to help out one of her friends.  She has peeked in on us a few times since we arrived about a half hour after her.  Our little girl was happy to continue sleeping but it was all I could do to keep myself calm.

Being able to feel my mate's emotions through our bond is fascinating.  I am trying to be aware of the way my anxious energy can impact her work but this is a huge deal.  My best friend and his mate are having their first child and the woman I love is helping them.

It makes sense that I would be nervous.

A cry echoed through the hallway and I froze, the warm energy radiating through our mate bond confirming what I had hoped.

Everything went smoothly.

Callum raced to the doorway with his eyes wide and a gigantic grin on his face.  "Alex... it's just... he's here.  He's finally here!"

He ran back into the delivery room as I felt relief flow through me.  Willow started to wake up and peeked at me from the couch.

"Daddy?  Baby here?" she yawned and asked while still cuddling with her lavender blanket.

I grinned and picked her up, hugging my little girl as I confirmed, "That's right, little one. Baby boy is here!  I'm so excited for Uncle Cal and Auntie Meg!"

Willow giggled then yawned again before agreeing, "Me too!"

Within a half hour Olivia returned and looked exhausted but happy.  "Meg did an absolutely amazing job.  Do you want to meet the baby?" she asked after giving me a sweet kiss.

"Really?"

"Meg is settled and Cal wants to try to get some rest so said it would be great if you can stop in now."

I grinned and stood as she woke up Willow and lifted her from the couch.  We walked down the hall to one of the patient rooms where Meg was cuddling a little bundle with Cal perched next to her on the hospital bed.

"Congratulations, Cal and Meg," I said softly, my voice thick with emotion.

They shared a smile and Callum shook his head, amazement in his expression.  "I am so proud of you, baby.  You were so strong and did so well."

"There is no way I could ever do this without you, Livvy.  Your patience and sweet energy kept me going," Meg praised.

My mate wrapped her arms around my waist as Willow tried to peek over to see the newborn.  "Want to come meet him, Willow?" Cal asked.

She nodded, eyes wide as I carefully helped her sit next to Meg on the bed.  "This is Mason Alexander Danvers," Meg said softly, meeting my eyes during the introduction.

"What?"  I gasped, realizing what a huge deal it was to give their son my name.

Callum chuckled and nodded, "It's the only name we wanted for his middle name.  You've been like a brother to me since we were Willow's age.  I am proud to serve next to you and lead this pack."

Liv stepped away so I could give him a tight hug while sniffling as tears fell.  

This is a huge honor.  I have no idea how to process so much joy.