3.♥️

(Found this one on Pinterest, and they said it belongs to @/doofazoid !!)

M/n's Pov

After Velvets warning you had been much quieter in her presence. Sometimes even talking at all would irritate her so you and Floyd often found yourselves playing silly games like rock paper scissors or hot hands but it was hard not to giggle at each other sometimes, especially when you knew you absolutely could not.

It had been almost exactly a day since Velvet and Veneer had last extracted essence from them , and you were frustrated. Not only because your talent was being stolen by these wannabe pop stars but mostly because a majority of the time the mount rageons tortured you and Floyd for your musical abilities, it was for the most stupid reasons!

Not to confuse anyone, you were severely against them stealing anyones talent at all, but you would at least prefer them to do something with it when they did! Most of the time Velvet and Veneer sprayed themselves for trivial things like going shopping or just to listen to themselves. It was infuriating not only because it hurt and literally drained your life force but because the mount rageons would claim that they were putting your talents to "good use".

The stupid giants only had like one or two songs out and so far you thought they were trash. Cmon singing about putting in work? The lyrics didn't apply to these overgrown party balloons, and the only thing they had going for them was the voices. Which they stole.

You and Floyd had been lounging around all day, after playing one too many games, becoming bored or simply tired in general. While you and Floyd lied down on the cool surface, shuffling around every so often, the only thing you could think about was the useless ways your talents went to "use". How you and Floyd were going to die because of some entitled teenagers.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you rolled over from your back to your stomach, planting your forehead against the cold surface with a thump. You could hear Floyd move over by you but he didn't say anything, probably to keep Velvet from getting aggressive. You felt him lay down next to you, like he was trying to comfort you with his presence?
It worked but it only made you think about something else. To be fair that's about the only thing you could do in this bottle since you weren't allowed to talk much.

You thought about how kind Floyd was to you, a complete stranger he met only a couple days ago. How he would worry about you when he was in just as much danger. It made you wonder if you would have been friends with him outside of this place if given the chance. He didn't seem very confrontational and you weren't very social with new people so you concluded it was probably not possible.

It was difficult for you to think about because it made you feel somewhat thankful to be in this terrible situation and that made you feel guilty and selfish.
You sighed again as you lifted your head off of the cold floor, turning and resting it on your arms to face where Floyd was. Floyd was on his back with his hands behind his head. His eyes were closed but you knew he was awake.

You smiled as you looked at his soft features so close up. Sure you had been close to him on multiple occasions but you didn't like staring at people or maintaining eye contact for long periods of time, it made you feel a little awkward. But seeing as Floyd was relaxed with his eyes closed it made you feel less anxious to stare, though you knew you shouldn't be anyway.

As you took note of all of Floyd's pretty features, your smile widening slightly. You began to wonder what his life was like outside of here. 'Did he go to parties a lot? Or did he like to stay inside more, like you? Did he have a lot of friends? Did he have a partner?' You cut your thoughts short as you had a habit of overthinking things that had nothing to do with you.

External Pov

Before m/n could think of another topic to occupy their mind they felt the bottle shaking. They sat up quickly looking around to see Veneer poking the diamond bottle making it teeter around. He made some dumb robot noises like "beeps" and "boops" as he tapped the surface. "They're so cute in there! Makes me wanna squish em!" Veneer said as he picked up the container to stare at them.

The trolls shuffled to their feet and leaned against the far back wall away from the distorted large eye staring back at them. Veneer scoffed as he saw the trolls react negatively to his presence before he pouted slightly. "Don't run away, there's nowhere to go" Veneer said as he rotated the bottle his prying eyes now on the side the trolls were on trying to distance from him.

M/n yelped slightly as they stumbled. Veneer didn't turn the bottle very gently. Floyd caught M/n from falling, holding their shoulders gently. M/n looked up at Floyd and nodded as thanks, keeping their gaze fixed on the floor. M/n felt embarrassed but also enjoyed the feeling of Floyd's gentle hands on their shoulders.

The moment didn't last long though, as Veneer spoke again. "I should call myself Cupid for putting you two together" Veneer joked before he put the bottle down after Velvet yelled at him for "distracting her".
M/n sighed as they sat down relaxing a lot after Veneer left. Floyd sat beside them, laughing quietly.
M/n looked at Floyd with a puzzled expression on their face, but a smile creeping up on their lips. "What? What is it?" M/n whispered, as Floyd doubled over laughing. M/n just stared at Floyd as they began to chuckle along with him, the joy Floyd was emitting was contagious.

The two of them giggled together before Floyd caught his breath and sighed after calming down. "Sorry" Floyd whispered with a smile "I was just thinking about how clumsy you are." Floyd admitted making M/n stare at Floyd dumbfounded. "What-" M/n was cut short as Floyd began to giggle again. He apologized but couldn't seem to quiet his giggles for a good minute.

M/n blushed in embarrassment feeling like they were being made fun of. They looked down at the diamond floor trying to figure out whether he was saying that to make fun of you or as a joke? Floyd noticed M/n's expression and he let out an upbeat sigh. "I think it's cute" he added as he looked down at m/ns fingers they didn't even know were fiddling until then.

M/n's Pov

You felt your face warm up much more than it usually would when you were embarrassed. This was something different. You felt your stomach flutter? That was weird. Your heart rate also began to pick up but not enough to make you worry. Well, it sort of worried you. You looked up at Floyd trying to read his expression but you just ended up making your heart beat faster! He had that pretty gentle smile on his face, and you couldn't help but stare for a second. What was going on???

You didn't know how to process what you were feeling so you turned away and muttered a small "thank you?". You tried to get yourself under control again and it took you a minute but you did it. You hesitantly looked back over at Floyd sitting by you and he turned back to look at you with a warm smile.

"Don't feel embarrassed! I used to be clumsy too!" He said quietly as he looked over at the direction of Velvet and Veneer. They were on the far other side of the room talking about someone who annoyed them at some.. coffee place it sounded like? Anyway they couldn't be heard at the moment so they were able to talk freely.

You nodded at Floyd's comment and yawned as you slumped back slightly. You wanted to know what caused that odd feeling you felt and why it was so addicting. It felt good. Maybe you were just tired.
You began to hum the tune of paralyzer by Finger Eleven as you closed your eyes comfortably.

You heard some movement next to you so you curiously opened your eyes to see what was happened and Floyd was nodding his head to the tune you were humming? It made you smile as you continued the tune, nodding with him until the two of you eventually fell asleep.

|| pawsome new chapter!!! Word count: 1518 I haven't been triple reading the drafts so it may be kinda hard to read as they're unedited so if there's any issues let me know lmao, (editing is my least favorite activity 💔) Have a great day!! ||