11.♥️

(Artist @/loves1ck_444 on ig!)

A few minutes before (the end of last chapter)

External Pov
(A couple minutes prior)

Velvet was loving all the attention she was getting. It was definitely getting to her head because she asked for an encore.. Veneer tried to stop her but she got a little aggressive hearing his complaints. "Just sing- you beautiful idiot!" She said between gritted teeth, as she gripped Veneer tightly.

She slightly shoved him away turning and pressing the button on her shoulder pads leaving the two trolls in the diamond casing almost entirely drained, but before Velvet could start singing, the microphones power was cut. "What-" Velvet muttered surprised tapping the microphone a few times before throwing it on the floor "who did that!" She seethed as she looked around, her eyes landing on Crimp.

Crimp waved nervously with a smile, proud of what she had accomplished but still as anxious as ever.
This gave Branch and the others an opening to do something. Branch had talked to his brothers about how they didn't have to be perfect to be in harmony, but they just had to be together.. "We'll leave it to you Branch" John Dory said with a proud smile. And with that Branch started to sing.

The brothers joined Branch singing together in harmony. Floyd had joined them with the best of his ability to sing along, making the casing he was in detach from Velvets shoulder pads on its own. Unfortunately for M/n, they couldn't see this happen since they passed out.

As the brothers completed their harmony, all of the diamond casings broke off and away from the trolls freeing them all.
As happy as the moment should be, Floyd had turned entirely translucent. He had seemingly used the rest of his talent finishing the family harmony.

His brothers went to catch Floyd as he slowly drifted down, as Poppy and her sister Viva caught the unconscious M/n. Branch held Floyd gently with frown "Floyd.. I made the hideout! Except the ten story water slide.." he mumbled sadly. As the rest of his brothers huddled around with dejected expressions on their faces.

"...but how will we shower?" A quiet voice answered as the brothers jumped with a smile "Floyd!" They cheered hugging him excitedly. Floyd chuckled hugging them back weakly, but Poppy and Viva couldn't exactly cheer just yet. M/n didn't seem to be doing that great, still unconscious and seeming to have a hard time breathing properly.

While the twins were being detained Poppy approached Branch with a frown, whispering in his ear. Branch looked over at where M/n was with a concerned expression before looking at Floyd. "Hey, uh, Floyd.. I know this is supposed to be a happy moment and all, but about the other troll you were with-"

Floyd seemed to straighten up "M/n..! Where are they?" He asked not letting Branch finish his sentence. "Yeah, about that- they didn't seem to recover like you did?" Poppy said moving to the side letting Floyd see M/n who was being accompanied by Viva.

"They're still alive! Just not doing the best" Viva said trying to keep them leveled on the floor. "What- but that makes no sense? I recovered.. why couldn't they?" Floyd asked making the others wonder the same thing.

John Dory on the other hand stepped forward "I have an idea why it didn't work." He said making the others turn to him "well, we're family right? And we did our family harmony.." he mumbled "do you get what I'm trying to say?" The other trolls looked confused before they realized, nodding.

"So are you saying M/n needs their family to harmonize? Or something?" Clay said trying to make sure he was on the same page. John nodded before Floyd turned shaking his head "no that won't work! They aren't on great terms with their family. Besides, none of us know where their family lives." M/n groaned stirring slightly, shifting uncomfortably.

"Well, we could ask them. It could be their only chance" Spruce, or rather Bruce reasoned. Floyd frowned with a sigh "we can try, but I doubt they would be up for it.." he said kneeling by M/n as they were waking up.

M/n winced as they woke up, gripping their head, looking around confused but it was too bright for their eyes to focus. "what.." they mumbled before they were engulfed in a hug, making them gasp and wince a little. Floyd hugged them with a frown, and m/n hugged back after a moment finally processing what happened.

"We.. got out?" They mumbled and Floyd nodded. "We did. But you're still.. not completely,, yknow.." Floyd mumbled motioning down at m/n's hands and legs that were still fading. They frowned with a sigh "right.. but then why are you back to normal?" They asked grabbing Floyd's hand, turning and examining it.

"Well about that. We think it has something to do with the fact that the family harmony was what got us out, but since it was my family, that's why I'm alright. So, do you think, we could try to contact yours?" Floyd offered carefully m/n sat there with an unhappy expression plaguing their face.

"It would do no good, Velvet and Veneer already tried to contact them and you heard what they said did you not?" They sighed resting against Floyd. "We have to try! Look at you! You can't possibly want to stay this way until you die" Floyd begged making m/n grit their teeth "no, I can't- I really can't!"
They panicked thinking about how terrible the idea was.

"It's our best shot! Just this once, if it doesn't work, we'll figure something else out but we can't even try that until we know this plan won't work!" Floyd said making the other trolls look at each other nervously. "Cmon kid, this is your best shot!" John Dory said which Branch stared at John with a raised eyebrow "and you wonder why Poppy called you the 'old one'" he muttered making Poppy giggle slightly.

M/n sighed before they finally gave in to Floyd's pleas. "Okay fine. But if anything happens I told you so!" They grumbled, fiddling with their tail in their hands. They stood up, a bit wobbly but still standing anyway, looking around at where they had ended up. "Woah, where-" they were cut off by loud cheers, turning to see what the commotion was about. Poppy and Branch were kissing.

This made you smile slightly. They deserved this happy moment after somehow defeating Velvet and Veneer. The others relaxed after the commotion died down, and were all invited to pop village to figure out where to go from there.

|| Word Count 1184! uhh I'm having a bit of a hard time putting all my thoughts together for this but the general idea is there I guess LMAO- I should have another chapter ready for tomorrow but uhh maybe not? I've been a bit busy so I'm currently writing a chapter a day instead of every other day with my reserves 😭||