14.♥️

(Art by @/doofazoid on tumblr!)

M/n's Pov

Floyd frowned wrapping an arm around your shoulder pulling you close to him "they were speaking for me then. Anything you want to do or say to me, they will be included." Floyd said defensively, clearly not liking the tone Creek had taken with you. You smiled fondly at Floyd as he defended you. Floyd looked back at you with a warm smile but only after giving Creek a warning look. Creek seemed to pout at this but you felt really proud that Floyd stood up for you so quickly. It made your heart swell just thinking about it.
For about an hour Creek remained silent but the fear and dread in the back of your mind didn't waver at all. Poppy and Branch had joined you and Floyd sitting down on your side, away from Creek. Floyd was playing with your h/c hair while Poppy was telling stories of how she met queen Barb. You kinda winced at the story but Poppy seemed to be talking like they were fond memories.. 'I guess that's just her personality' you thought before you chuckled at her storytelling while Branch seemed to be admiring her. You looked over at Floyd seeing how he was looking at you with a cute smile which made you jump momentarily not expecting him to be looking at you. You were going to say something but you looked over at Creek who was staring blankly at the floor with a slightly frustrated expression? It was hard to read or explain but it made you feel awkward, but not in a lighthearted way. More in like a deep strained dread building up like a rolling snowball turning into an avalanche kinda way..
As much as you were feeling anxious and uncomfortable you also felt really exhausted. You weren't sure if it was because you weren't physically doing the best? Or maybe it was due to how overwhelming everything was to you at the moment, I mean- being held captive for two months, finally escaping, only to learn you won't be back to normal until you go see your family- that's just a theory- but you went no contact with them after a big fight, but more than that, some random guy who's apparently not good news wants to get close to the only person you can trust entirely- it was a lot. You let out a frustrated sigh accidentally cutting Poppy off in her story. You jumped looking over at Poppy as she became silent, a look of concern and confusion on her face. "I'm so sorry! That wasn't directed at you, I'm just, stressed." You apologized gripping your forehead trying to get your thoughts in line Poppy seemed to understand "Oh, no yeah, I get it. Do you want some space?" She offered while you looked at her, her expression still full of the same confusion from earlier but now it seemed like she was expressing pity towards you. You paused for a long moment staring at poppy before eventually nodding slowly looking down at your lap "Yeah, I think.. yeah just for a bit." You mumbled analyzing your hand carefully, seeing how you were not.. entirely you. Your s/c skin faded into see through glitter after your elbows and knees which made you furrow your eyebrows worried. You didn't know too much about a family harmony but if it was anything like it sounded.. it wouldn't be easy if at all possible to achieve with your family. Poppy and Branch stood up to go and focus on the directions since they hadn't managed them in a good while. While Floyd began to rub your shoulder seeing how stressed you were getting which only resulted in you leaning against him closing your eyes trying to find some solace through him.
Before you were even given the chance to start unwinding the purple troll spoke up. It's almost like he knew exactly when all the worst times to speak were. "So we're heading this way because of you fishbowl?" He asked but you didn't quite understand what he was saying. You looked over at Creek with a look of confusion and slight disgust in having to interact with him again. "Well, it's a nickname. Since you're like, clear or whatever. I was just curious why Poppy and Branch would be headed this way but seeing as you're a rock.. semi rock troll? Whatever you are, it definitely came from rock city.. or however it's said." You grumbled not answering Creek just closing your eyes trying to find some peace of mind for just a moment. Apparently you weren't allowed that luxury though "it's rude to ignore people you know." Creek said making you irk. "It's rude to bother people when they're trying to rest. It's also rude to glare at people but you know. Here we are." You said staring at Creek blankly, hoping he would just shut up after this. "I was right to not address you before. Jeez how do you do it Floyd?" Creek said, his unhappy tone doing a complete 180 once he started to talk to Floyd. Floyd laughed awkwardly not really knowing how to fix this situation, I mean there was still a good amount of time left on this trip and he didn't really want a huge problem. "Listen, just stop bothering them please. We are happy on our own. You just haven't been very approachable, and they're tired so let them rest." He tried to explain to Creek in a way that didn't rile him up much more, but still defending you. "So you're saying they're Cranky?" Creek asked raising an eyebrow. You turned the other way blocking him out seriously needing sleep. Your eyes stung trying to keep them open any longer. Floyd took in a deep breath and looked over at Creek "So what? You seem to have gotten a full nights rest but you're still being a bother? What's your excuse?" Floyd said trying to bite back his frustration, Creek seemed to be enjoying this though. "Wow you're really cute when you're angry" he teased, Floyd's upset expression changing immediately into one of disgust. He scooted a little away from Creek more against you, as you fell asleep. Floyd sighed feeling a little uncomfortable but he could handle it, at least until they arrived.

|| Word Count: 1101! ahhh okay okay bare with me for a liiiittle longer. Also sorry for such late uploads recently, I've been really busy. I'm really trying to keep up with this rn but I got so many things to do help 😭. This is my last backed up chapter so I won't be able to post tomorrow as scheduled, but it shouldn't be long before I can post again!||