13.♥️

(Art by @/doofazoid on tumblr!)

M/n's Pov

Floyd looked at you with a confused expression as you mirrored his, not understanding what was going on. Branch took a defensive stance by Poppy while they both seemed unhappy and tense "listen- I won't mean to cause any harm or anything! You're just heading in the direction I need to go. So I decided to hitch a ride with you guys" the purple troll with a weirdly vibrant orange nose spoke. Poppy seemed to falter for a second being too nice for her own good "well-" before Poppy could say anything more branch held a finger up towards both this Creek guy, and Poppy. "Nuh uh. I'm handling this." He said looking between the two. "We can't trust you Creek. Not after what you did. You're selfish and conniving. Find your own way to whether you need to go." Branch hissed pushing Creek back with the sharp end of a stake he had retrieved from a basket. Creek held his hands up in defense slightly leaning over the edge of the basket "cmon, it's just for a little while! Plus.. I kinda can't get down from this height." Creek said as he used one of his hands to point down, to where the floor was at least a hundred meters in the air. Branch growled pushing the stake closer to Creek before Poppy intervened. "Branch! It'll be fine. Just this one time. But let me tell you Creek, if we ever see you again, I will make sure that you never get to live your life freely again." She said seriously which made you shiver, gripping Floyd's hand tightly. You didn't know Poppy could be so scary. Branch sighed and lowered his weapon stepping back defeated and Creek relaxed with a grateful smile. "Now who may you two be?" He asked politely reaching his hand out to shake towards Floyd but kind of dismissing you? Doesn't matter this guy wasn't good news according to Poppy and Branch so his acquaintanceship was unnecessary. Floyd shook Creeks hand with an anxious smile muttering out reply "I'm Floyd and this is my Partner M/n.." he gestured to you which made you blush brightly. He said you two were partners! Well that makes it easier for you. You really didn't want to ask awkwardly what the two of you were.. a silly smile grew on your face as you stared at Floyd for a moment before turning back to Creek who seemed to be looking at you with a bored expression. The high you were feeling from Floyd's words quickly dissipated as you made contact with Creek. Something felt really wrong about him and not in the way Branch and Poppy behaved like he was, but more like he was a threat to you emotionally instead of physically. You shrunk down a little as Creek finally looked away from you "So Floyd, I've never seen you before! Where are you from?" He asked with a smile, the expression almost opposite of the one he was showing you. "I'm from pop village, I just used to hike and camp a lot so I wasn't around the populated areas." Floyd answered flatly taking notice of your discomfort. "Anyway nice chat, I'm gonna go over here now.." Floyd chuckled nervously pulling you away to the other side of the hot air balloon as Creeks once polite smile dropped into an irritated expression. You clung to Floyd's arm as you guys moved away. "He freaks me out- there's something about him- he's not good news" you mumbled as Floyd nodded "yeah I got that from the way Branch and Poppy were acting." He nodded but you didn't like this answer "no! I mean like, more than that! I don't know, I just feel this deep sense of dread when I look at him. I don't think he likes me either. It freaks me out." You shivered while Floyd gripped your shoulders rubbing his palms up and down your arms to soothe you "it'll be okay. I'm right here with you. Once we get to your home town we won't have to see him again" he reassured but that didn't help much "yes, I won't see him but I'll see my family.. wohoo!" You cheered sarcastically while Floyd winced forgetting that this trip wasn't a positive for you either. "Well, think about it this way! Once you're all better we can finally go and do all the things we planned" he smiled kissing you on the forehead making your head spin for a second. Floyd was very gentle and affectionate, it almost didn't seem real. "Is this a dream?" You mumbled out mindlessly while Floyd chuckled pinching your cheeks and pulling them "can you feel this?" "Owwh! Shtop it!" You whined as Floyd released your now sore face, leaving you to rub your cheeks with a pout. Branch and Poppy stood not too far from the two of you, well, it wasn't a big hot air balloon to be fair.. but anyway they stood near the two of you, leaving Creek on the other side to just watch them.. 'creepy' you thought as you pulled Floyd over to Branch and Poppy "how far are we and how long til we get there?" You asked curiously as poppy was looking at their semi outdated map. "Well.. from where we are, which is here" she pointed to the middle of the forest on the map "it will take us about 4 hours.." she said trying to be cheerful but this information clearly dampening that joy. You nodded with a sigh and Floyd shrugged not bothered by this. "Okay so- I guess we have some time to kill." Creek said as he approached the group casually like they were buddies or something. "Yeah.." you said hesitantly as Creek didn't acknowledge you again. Branch and Poppy went to look at the map and manual for the hot air balloon while you sat down against the wall of the basket. Floyd joined you with a smile. "This is kinda weird, it reminds me of the diamond" you hummed and Floyd nodded "yeah, having nowhere to go and just sitting around feels a bit, similar" he laughed awkwardly. Before the two of you could keep talking Creek sat beside Floyd making the two of you tense up. "I think you're a pretty cool guy Floyd. I like feeling one with nature too, we should camp together some time-" you didn't like what Creek was offering so you cut him off "No I don't think we'll take you up on that offer. Thanks though.." you said prickling. Your tail began flicking around irritated as Creek scowled at you for a second "well that's okay. I was only asking Floyd anyway." He shot back making you feel really nervous.
What was this guys deal!

|| Word Count 1194! mmm more story absolutely scrumptious. I have a very vague baseline for this atm, but lmk if it's still like, reeling you in? If that is the term I need to use lolz. If it's not lmk if there's anything you wanna see in the future instead?||