15.♥️

(Art by @/misteratomicbomb on ig!)

M/n's Pov

You were sleeping peacefully til you felt someone shaking your shoulder gently, making you groan unhappily. "What is so important.." you grumbled aggravated, rubbing your eyes and sitting up. "We're here hun." You paused looking at the person talking to you, processing the cute nickname before you just nodded with a sigh "thank you, sorry. I guess the exhaustion and stress are getting to me." You smiled at Floyd apologizing for getting a little snappy. Floyd chuckled brushing his hand over your forehead leaving you puzzled for a second but you didn't think too much into it. You looked around seeing the familiar terrain once again making you pause briefly. You let out a breath you didn't know you had been holding, stepping out of the hot air balloon to join Poppy and Branch seemingly arguing? Well it was an argument but it was definitely lighthearted. "Cmon Branch! It would be so much fun!" Poppy begged with a pouty face while Branch rolled his eyes "I'm sorry queen Poppy but you can have your royal playdate later" Branch joked crossing his arms while Poppy huffed but giggled afterwards "okay how about this-" before you could listen to more of their conversation subconsciously, someone behind you spoke "wow, you arrived like, almost exactly where I needed to be! Thanks guys!" Creek did some bow thing heading out first which you were more than grateful for. "Good riddance" you stuck your tongue out childishly at the direction of where Creek had walked off to. Floyd stared at you with a mischievous expression before grabbing your tongue between his fingers so you couldn't escape. "That's not very nice m/n.." he said as if he was scolding a dog for nipping at another dog. He let you go walking over to join Poppy and Branch. You on the other hand had stumbled back covering your mouth defensively, blushing a little bit. 'I feel like there were other ways to convey the message he wanted to..' you thought while you shook your head walking up to the others after finally composing yourself. "Alright! M/n, show the way!" Poppy cheered while you nodded hesitantly, looking at the roads. This was a little out of the way from the streets you used to follow as a kid, but you knew how to get there from here.
You lead the group down the right paths leading to the L/n household feeling your hands getting sweatier the closer you got. You took a deep breath in closing your eyes after seeing the currently died up lava pools you and your siblings used to play in. You were nearing your old house, walking a bit slower trying to delay the inevitable. You saw your previous home in the distance making you take a deep breath in and continue. Floyd and the couple had noticed your behavior but didn't want to make things worse with their coddling or constant checkups so they just offered reassuring looks whenever you looked back for any reason.
When you approached the door you froze unable to bring yourself to knock. This was crazy. Sure maybe the situation could be worse between you all but you were so deeply hurt by how they had casted you aside so easily? Surely if they cared they would have at least made it clear that you were welcome back at some point, or maybe a card during the holidays? Contact information? Anything. But it only took them one day to completely abandon you.
Apparently you had been sitting there without making a move for too long since Floyd placed his hand on your shoulder. You nodded hesitantly knocking before you could give yourself any more doubts about doing so. You stood feeling nauseous under the pressure waiting for someone to answer the door. When the door was answered though, the LAST thing you expected was to see CREEK in the doorway. Your expression quickly contorted from distressed to beyond confused. "What- why are you- I'm sorry,, huh?" You sputtered out while Creek looked at you a bit confused too before turning to call out to someone inside "Hey! P/o! Were you expecting anybody?" He said making you freeze. 'So he was here.. with your parents? Why?' You had so many questions and no answers. Before you could let your thoughts spiral any more you saw P/o enter the doorway. You froze looking at them waving awkwardly. "Uh, hey-" before you could finish your sentence they cut you off "weren't you caught by those pop stars?" They asked while you just stared for a while, nodding briefly. They sighed seemingly frustrated with you, walking inside. You stood there nervously, while Creek stared at you unimpressed. "You look like a puppy who was just kicked out in the rain" he chuckled making you feel even more anxious. Creek seemed to raise an eyebrow at your reaction but before he could close the door or say anything more someone else seemed to come into view. P/t, the parent you were generally closer to but still pretty disconnected with. They looked at you a bit remorseful before shaking their head "M/n.. I knew you would probably stop by one day, and I can understand- to an extent. but you can't show up like this" they gestured to your appearance making you shift a little uncomfortably "well that's why I'm here actually.." you gulped nervously while P/t waited for you to finish. "From what P/o said, I'm sure Velvets letter reached you.. but anyway, because of what they did to me- what they did to us-" you said pulling Floyd forward next to you inserting him into the conversation needing the comfort that you weren't doing this alone. Floyd nodded for you to go on and you did "we ended up not, holding up so great. Well, uhm.. im still not doing great." You paused nervous to continue "and the only reason we could think of is because his family came together in harmony to save him." You said not wanting to elaborate unless it was necessary. "So what you expect them to come together to save you after what you did to them?" Creek asked crossing his arms in the doorway making you look over at him confused. "I didn't know who you were but I'm pretty sure I got the picture now. S/n told me all about you. The oldest sibling who tried to tear everyone apart right?" He asked while you just stared unable to reply. "That's not what happened" Floyd defended stepping in front of you slightly while you just stared. You felt a hollowing feeling in your heart, where the little hope you had resided.

|| Word Count 1203!! I don't know why the art at the top keeps showing up blank for me :( pls lmk bc I spend time looking for cool arts to share but if Wattpad is just removing them I shouldn't bother looking anymore </3. Anyway m/n lore!!! Yummy. Also! I'm not entirely going to be back on schedule quite yet but here's a chapter since you've all been so patient :P||