9.♥️

(Art by @/lino_woof on Twitter!)

M/n's Pov

You nudged Floyd to look over at whatever just dropped by. It was another troll? Again? How does this keep happening. Floyd seemed to know what who this was for the second time.

"Branch? Is it really you?" He asked stepping forward putting his hands against the wall. "Wow you've really grown into that vest.. you're, a man now.." he mumbled as the troll named Branch seemed to light up. "Finally! Someone who gets me!" Branch said hugging the diamond walls happily, as Floyd did the same thing back. "Is this another one of your brothers?" You asked as Floyd stepped back from the wall. Floyd nodded with a smile "he's my little brother!" He said proudly.

Another troll from behind Branch stepped to the side waving enthusiastically "hi! I'm Poppy!" She grinned "Branch's girlfriend-" she muttered before continuing "and we're here to save you guys!" This made you and Floyd pause, remembering where you were currently. "No listen-" "you have to get out of here- NOW!" Floyd said cutting you off but you nodded along with him.

Poppy and Branch looked confused and like they were about to speak up again but Floyd didn't give them the chance. "please Branch." He pleaded, and before the other trolls could say or do anything else, noise from outside the room could be heard. "The twins are coming back.." you mumbled, looking at the door then to the couple.
Branch and Poppy went back up to the vent they came from.

You and Floyd sighed in relief as they had just barely escaped before the twins entered. That relief was short lived though as the twins were seen with more trolls. "No way.." you muttered upon seeing this. Floyd could only stand there with his mouth agape. The twins, more like just Velvet, were praising themselves for capturing Brozone.

You looked over at Floyd with a worried expression as he looked a little dejected. This made you frown as you put your hand on Floyd's shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. Branch is still out there." You whispered as you saw Veneer throw some- long creature bus? Into the closet where Crimp was also being contained.

Poor girl, she did everything the twins wanted and was still treated terribly. Floyd nodded at what you had said but made no indication that he was feeling any better about the situation. Much to your dismay the twins changed into their extraction shoulder pads and put a glass into every holder.

Before the trolls could speak Velvet spoke "well it would be better if we could get the other ones family, but I guess they're no shows." She said making you feel conflicted. "I guess they didn't care enough to show up for their own family member." Veneer shrugged as you felt your shoulders tense. What was the point in even saying something like that?

"Well- at least I don't let my sister boss me around like I'm some dog!" You hissed glaring at Veneer from Velvets shoulder pad. Veneer gasped, and you could tell this hurt him but you could care less really. Velvet scoffed rolled her eyes "we're a team and someone has to be in charge and that's me."

Floyd was in the middle of greeting his brothers before he interjected "well sibling or not he deserves to be treated equally, not bossed around." Floyd defended. You personally didn't want to defend Veneer per se but you didn't disagree that Velvet was for sure exploiting her brothers love so you stayed silent.

Velvet turned away from Veneer in a dismissive manner "whatever these trolls don't know what they're talking about anyway." She said before she walked to the door "Cmon Ven, let's walk down that red carpet and sign some butts!" she offered as Veneer seemed to snap out of his thoughts. "Oh! I'll grab my butt marker!" He chimed.

You grumbled out a 'hmph' sitting down with your arms and legs crossed. Floyd on the other hand tried to talk to his brothers but they were only arguing with each other.

"Didn't you think the parking space 'reserved for brozone' was at least a little suspicious?!" The yellowish green haired troll huffed as John Dory seemed to get angry at him "what. Did you have a better idea?" He growled, the other trolls only replied with a "yes" simultaneously. Floyd seemed torn about the situation thing to beg his brothers to stop arguing "guys- guys please!" But his pleas fell on deaf ears.

He sighed defeated sitting down next to you with a solemn face he leaned against you looking for some kind of comfort and you leaned back needing the same. Floyd sighed looking down a little as you looked over at him feeling a little empathetic.

On the ride to the 'red carpet' Velvet spoke of, the twins were talking about how much they've deserved this. "Hard to believe we came from nothing.. and now we're here" Velvet sighed happily, but Veneer gave her a silly look. "I don't know why you keep saying that.. we grew up in the suburbs? But that doesn't mean we don't deserve to be famous." Veneer said as Velvet groaned.

"stop ruining my moment. Our parents were nobodies and we were nobodies. But that all
changes today." An evil glint shone in Velvets eyes, which left you less confident that you could get out of this alive.. you leaned further against Floyd as he hummed in acknowledgment, the three other brothers finally silent with their bickering after Velvet yelled at them to be quiet.

As the twins were nearing their destination you saw flashing paparazzi lights making you feel nervous. You looked over at Floyd and felt anxious about what you were going to say but what if you didn't have another chance to express how you felt after today? Would you want to die with that regret?

"Hey, uh, Floyd?" You muttered, your nerves spiking. He turned to look at you with a confused expression urging you to continue. "I know the timing isn't all that great and all, but I just want you to know, I uh.." You paused taking a deep breath, swallowing even though it wasnt necessary. "I just wanted to say, that.. that if we ever do get out of here,, I want to stay by your side..? I guess-" you fumbled over your words feeling like an idiot.

You didn't want to say something so much less forward. "What I mean is, I like you,, more than, like, a friend does?" You said sounding more like a question as you got anxious. You refused to make eye contact after this confession horrified that maybe you messed up and whatever you guys had was purely platonic.
"I'm sorry, M/n—.."

|| Word Count 1165! Alllright I'm sorry I'm cutting it off here for todayyyy.. I know how mean of me. But don't worryyy tomorrow there will be more on schedule, so don't you worry. Well, until then!||