18. ♥️

M/n's Pov

For the rest of the day you watched Branch and the rest of Kismet perform, and you cheered louder when Floyd was invited on stage with his brothers. You grinned loudly watching him perform but you were taken aback when you were invited up with them, Poppy and Viva were even invited to join the band! It was an awesome experience and performing with Floyd was an experience you could never forget.
Once everyone finished you finally got to lay down relaxing back stage, Ablaze (you had learned his name by eavesdropping) had to go and the rest of kismet left soon afterward too, so now it was just the people you were familiar with again. "Man I really should have done those exercises with you" you groaned panting on the floor "I have grown lazy" you laughed while Floyd sat beside you watching everyone enjoying talking to each other. "I invited you every time! You always refused." He chuckled while you nodded "yeah and I regret it" you sighed throwing your arms out. The other trolls seemed to be very happy and in much better shape than you. "Man.. how is this even possible.." you whined while Floyd busted out laughing at your pouting and complaining. This caught the attention of the others, they smiled and laughed, happy to see Floyd still so bright after not seeing him for so long. "What got you so laughing so much?" John asked as he approached you and Floyd with the others. They all looked at you making you cringe slightly. "Nothing, m/n is just so cute" Floyd says nonchalantly making your jaw kinda fall open for a moment. Poppy snorted seeing your reaction making you compose yourself instead of looking like a fool for any longer. "Man you guys are so cute, it almost reminds me of when I first met Brandy.." Bruce said sighing dreamily making you smile, the genuine moment only lasted for, well, a moment because Bruce had to go tend to his kids who were making gagging noises at his comment and.. biting each other? Children were horrifying sometimes. The attention was brought back towards the group and away from Bruce when Clay spoke. "So what do you guys plan to do now? A few of us are going to stay close by or in Branch's bunker" he said while Branch nodded "you're welcome to join to M/n" Branch added seemingly trying to make sure you felt included which made you smile. You nodded while Floyd hummed "yeah, I'm okay with staying with you guys. I've missed you guys a lot, so making new memories is important" he said after thinking for a moment. "But there is some stuff we have to do before we actually do settle." Floyd said, putting his hand on his knee as he stood up, brushing himself off. Branch looked a little confused, almost like he was scared that Floyd would go and not come back again. "Don't worry, it will just be a couple weeks, I promise." Floyd said as he leaned over and picked you up from the spot you were lazily laying in making you flail for a moment. "Gah-! Floyd.. what are you doing" you said gripping onto Floyd's shoulders tightly for support. He only smiled at you as he started walking towards the exit. "I have some plans, so we're heading out." The brothers gave each other some looks before nodding and waving. "See you guys soon!" They cheered still having more than enough energy in them to continue yelling and going back to partying.

You and Floyd made it back to forest covered area with fireflies surrounding the area. You admired the scenery looking around in wonder. "So you know about what I said before we escaped?" Floyd said in a soft voice making you look up to him. His eyes shimmered with the bright bugs floating around "which part?" You asked curiously as Floyd placed you down gently. "The part about the plans we wanted to complete.." he chuckled holding your cheek gently, caressing it with his thumb. The two of you stood silently just staring at each other softly. "About camping?" You asked quietly and Floyd nodded. "We could here? If you want to.. I mean anywhere together would be okay with me.. I just thought that since we talked about it we could-" before Floyd could continue rambling you smiled, leaning in to kiss Floyd. Floyd stiffened for a moment before relaxing and kissing you back. The sweet moment woke up butterflies in your stomach but once the two of you pulled away, you could hear giggles not too far from where the two of you stood. Floyd turned to look behind him to see his brothers giggling behind some bushes. "Guys-" he said shocked blushing brightly. You blushed too but giggled pulling Floyd close to you. "Glad this is a moment to remember" you chuckled while the brothers teased Floyd. Floyd talked with his brothers seemingly pouting but he definitely did enjoy the presence of his brothers with him. It made your heart swell seeing him so happy.

Once the brothers left Floyd went back to where you were standing a few feet away, "let's go camping!" You cheered interlocking fingers with Floyd's walking down a dirt path him. "We don't have camping supplies do we?" You asked and Floyd actually smiled brightly "actually I asked John for a favor! He used to hike a LOT, so he had some stuff we could borrow. It's not too much though.." he said pulling you forward to a cute little tarp and a couple blankets on the floor. You giggled sitting on the blanket pulling Floyd down, as he tripped onto you making the two of you roll around giggling.
You looked up at the stars, your hand in Floyd's. The moment was comfortable and quiet but soon broken by Floyd "We should visit Veneer and thank him for indirectly setting us up." Floyd said making you chuckle "yeah, I guess but he still went along with Velvet even if he apparently didn't want to." You said while Floyd nodded. "Yeah, but you know people will do anything for familial validation. Look at your sister for example." He explained while you thought about it. "I guess you're right, but that doesn't make me forgive her either.. but I will give it a chance. How about tomorrow? Or is that too soon?" You asked and Floyd hummed "I would he okay with tomorrow! I know what prison they were taken to, Poppy heard from Crimp" he said and the two of you were happy to have a future including eachother planned out, but for now, just in these brief little moments the two of you were happy right here. Together.

The end

|| Word count: 1149! ahaha.. Lol the end!!! There's still going to be an epilogue after this but once that's out, it's done! I hope you liked the story and if there's any criticisms you have let me know in the comments! ||